Boiled Linseed Oil

33 RPM

14 hours ago, 33 RPM said:

Thanks Folk, i hope its the boiled variety not the raw or refined

its for some teak timber and with this weather and humidity boiled is best for drying, the others would take weeks if they dried at all..

Yes, I've seen both boiled and refined... but... they are in rather small bottles, meant for mixing into oil paints for canvas rather than painting on woodwork. Perhaps the have half-liter as the largest? 

linseed oil will induce mould, boiled or not especially with thai weather, we tried several different things with various typed of linseed oil in Australia after the introduction of red cedar exteriors became popular, they all had problems with mould. After a lot of experimentation over a few years we ended up with a 50/50 mix of wattyl forestwood oil exterior stain and cabots clear sealer x 2 coats , it was lasting many years(10 by the time I left) and holding well, unfortunately you wont get either here in Thailand, not sure if there are equivelents here though

In a previous life i did a LOT of timber work both inside and outside, in Melbourne using a huge variety of timbers

the various water based decking oils worked a treat

they would be perfect but i can find nothing remotely similar here

as a lot of the pieces are indoors and ive given them a few coats of boiled linseed oil already with no issues ill keep on keeping on with the same oil.

Lazada seems the only place that has vendors with it in stock

Thanks all..