Bangkok Bank money transfer

Not to NZ, but to other countries so I guess the procedure is the same.

Transferring from Thai baht account? If so you will need an "Application For Outward Remittance" and the baht will be changed to home currency. Charges can be here or to your NZ bank, usually 4-5 working days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I recently transferred from my Foreign Currency Account with Bkk Bank to my UK bank. Had to fill in the form at the main branch. £20,000 cost me £126 in charges, no conversion involved at all.

I tried that, 2 months ago, from foreign currency account,  was told that 1st have to convert the USD to Baht, then Baht back to the desired foreign currency, in my case was USD, so why should I convert USD into Baht and transfer Baht back into USD as my original account is in USD, why not just use the USD sitting on my account, spoke with local branch manager, she said Can Not, Called BkBK on line service same answe Can Not, how did u do it that would be interesting to know for any future deals with BkBk

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

I tried that, 2 months ago, from foreign currency account,  was told that 1st have to convert the USD to Baht, then Baht back to the desired foreign currency, in my case was USD, so why should I convert USD into Baht and transfer Baht back into USD as my original account is in USD, why not just use the USD sitting on my account, spoke with local branch manager, she said Can Not, Called BkBK on line service same answe Can Not, how did u do it that would be interesting to know for any future deals with BkBk

Went in and said that I wanted to send GBP from my GBP account to my UK GBP account. Arrive next day.

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Went in and said that I wanted to send GBP from my GBP account to my UK GBP account. Arrive next day.

lucky u, tried it a 2-3 different times with different managers and different on line assistant, all without success that I am decided to use all the USD there and not transferring anything more then the strictly necessary. For the sake of it, doesn't make any sense what they said, why they allow us to open a foreign currency account if that foreign currency can only be used in Thailand to convert to Baht

I recently did a transfer back to Oz. Sombat at BKK Bank Chotana did all the paperwork (in Thai), in and out without any hassles.

You will need your Passport, your Bkk Bank bankbook and the full details of the receiver (ie Bank, branch, Swiftcode, account number, account name)

Not to NZ, however should be similar. I transferred a relatively large amount from a condo sale, from my BKB account to one account in Singapore. Did this at the BKB branch of Chang Pueak, on Chottana Rd. Very helpful manager for foreign transactions. He filled an "Application for Outward Remittance form", the amount was stated in USD and I was charged from my Baht account at the official rate of the day, plus 1,150B in commissions. The money was there the next day.

Note however that you need to prove that the money came from abroad in the first place.

12 hours ago, CM4Me said:

I recently did a transfer back to Oz. Sombat at BKK Bank Chotana did all the paperwork (in Thai), in and out without any hassles.

You will need your Passport, your Bkk Bank bankbook and the full details of the receiver (ie Bank, branch, Swiftcode, account number, account name)

what currency did u transfer Bath to NZD, did u had a foreign currency account to transfer from or transfer fro your Baht account, I was given a complicated way to transfer USD out of my foreign currency acct in USD

12 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Not to NZ, however should be similar. I transferred a relatively large amount from a condo sale, from my BKB account to one account in Singapore. Did this at the BKB branch of Chang Pueak, on Chottana Rd. Very helpful manager for foreign transactions. He filled an "Application for Outward Remittance form", the amount was stated in USD and I was charged from my Baht account at the official rate of the day, plus 1,150B in commissions. The money was there the next day.

Note however that you need to prove that the money came from abroad in the first place.

that's the way I was told, that one has to use Baht to transfer out to any foreign currency but somebody here @KannikaP said he did transfer GBP from his foreign currency account, did u had a foreign currency account