Where the ultra rich spend their holidays ? Nobody comes to Thailand, why ?

I knew a rich guy who spent his summer holidays at the Hotel du Palais in Biarritz, France. He always had a suite at the top of one of the twin towers.

One year the hotel deeply regretted that they could not give him the suite because both were already booked; by the Duchess of Windsor (Wallace Simpson) and Frank Sinatra. Luckily, Frank Sinatra cancelled.

He never visited Thailand, probably because he enjoyed a glass of fine wine and could not afford the outrageous Thai prices for a tipple..

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, kalasiner said:

I knew a rich guy who spent his summer holidays at the Hotel du Palais in Biarritz, France. He always had a suite at the top of one of the twin towers.

One year the hotel deeply regretted that they could not give him the suite because both were already booked; by the Duchess of Windsor (Wallace Simpson) and Frank Sinatra. Luckily, Frank Sinatra cancelled.

He never visited Thailand, probably because he enjoyed a glass of fine wine and could not afford the outrageous Thai prices for a tipple..

I'm a tennis journalist and it reminds me of when I stayed at a hotel in Berlin at the same time Bill Clinton was there. Martina Hingis regularly had a suite on the top floor but the entire floor was reserved for Bill's entourage. She was most put out and told the press it was probably for all his women. The pr people went into panic mode, begging us not to quote her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

TAT tries their best

Then they are denied entry for by airport immigration for ”coming too many times”

Now lets think of some new rules, fines and taxes????

Im not ultra wealty but by thai standards im in top 1% by any standatrds.  My last entry i got the you come thailand too MUT.......lol.

i had a 60 day visa so they let me in by buying a plane ticket out.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, uzynkotak said:

you don't have to deal with all the TM30 BS having to report your whereabouts like a criminal every time you move to another hotel. 

The hotel files the TM30, it does not involve you in any way shape or form. So you are not dealing with any "bs" at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Plenty of the wealthy come to Thailand, though not as many as russians escaping conscription.

The Oriental's top suites go for ~550,000 baht/night during the high season, and tend to be booked most nights. Plenty of better restaurants serve expensive wines such as Solaia or Sassicaia, or even a top French burgandy such as La Romanee Monopole.

The FBO at Don Mueang will take care of the Gulfstream while the visitors enjoy high tea at the Authors Lounge.

Those guests are not backpackers or budget travelers. Everybody comes to Thailand at least once. Some stay....discreetly.

• Like 1