Motorbike shopping Pattaya

McGovern

Since I stay in Thailand 2-3 month a year I have bought a condo in Jomtien. I still live and work in Denmark. I have always rented I Honda Forza 350 or ADV 350 as I love traveling all around Thailand. I hold a Thai motorbike driving license. I have decided to buy one myself on my next trip in December and pimp it up with my specific need(top&side box, phone holder, camera etc)

Whenever I talk to a new person, I get a new story of what to expect when purchasing a motorbike.

Questions:

If I go to a Honda dealership in Pattaya with baht 181.000,- in cash and say I want to buy a Honda Forza 350RS as shown in the window next to 20 other similar bikes, when could I expect to get it with green book, insurance, white plates etc etc??

Should I ask for some free extra included in the price like helmet, jacket, extra service etc?

If you have any good experience with a trustworthy Honda dealer, please let me know.

I would really hate to waste 2-3-4 weeks running from office to office. 

Thanks. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I purchased a used bike from a reputable shop that does service and repairs and sells used bikes.  In that case you can take same day unless they need to do service or make some changes on your behalf.  You do need the immigration letter for green book transfer and registration.  Note you can drive the bike while the paperwork is being done as it can take a while depending on the original registration of the bike as many come from out of this area.  Since the bike has plates, current tax and registration it is not an issue to drive while the paperwork is being processed by the selling dealer.  

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, piston broke said:

Agreed ...i bought a scooter from there 10 days ago (at the proper honda list price, 1,900b registration and no charge for "red plate") - got the phone call today that the book and white plate had arrived ... never again will i buy in pattaya ....

Good, was Grail still there? Previously the others didn't speak very good English

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 4:30 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Good, was Grail still there? Previously the others didn't speak very good English

Grail still works for Asia City, but she's not involved in selling - The new contact that speaks English is a lady called "Warn" .....

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2023 at 3:59 PM, piston broke said:

Agreed ...i bought a scooter from there 10 days ago (at the proper honda list price, 1,900b registration and no charge for "red plate") - got the phone call today that the book and white plate had arrived ... never again will i buy in pattaya ....

It sounds like they are worth a visit. I don’t want any hassle. I just want a new bike with white plates, insurance and a green book 😀