Anyone have good information about buying a vacuum cleaner?

jingjai9

I want to buy a vacuum cleaner for my home as the old brooms are not good enough. I owned a vacuum in the past but you could not change the bags and the vacuum became dirty on the inside. Also, the suction was less than adequate. Perhaps I bought a machine that was too cheap for what I expected from it.

Can anyone suggest a good brand of vacuum that will do an adequate cleaning of the floors inside the house, the window sills, and the interior of my car? Adequate means remove all dust from surface of floors and corners, etc. I do not want to vacuum to find dust remaining on the floors when I finish. I want to pick up the dust, not merely stir it around.

How much should I spend and what brands are recommended? Have vacuum cleaners improved over the last decade here in Thailand?

I will buy another HItachi CV SF18 1800W bagless vacuum if my current one stopped working.

I have 3m ceiling the extensions are useful to get to the spider webs. It's not small so check the dimensions before ordering one.

Edited by Thailand J

Found this to be great. Lots of vacuum power and it will work in wet or dry. I use throughout the house and for our cars. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=indoor+oudoor+vacuum+cleaner+thailand&rlz=1C1SQJL_thTH900TH900&oq=indoor+oudoor+vacuum+cleaner+thailand&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQABiiBDIHCAIQABiiBDIHCAMQABiiBDIHCAQQABiiBDIHCAUQABiiBNIBCTE0MTgyajFqN6gCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Vacuum and water vacuum cleaner ELECTROLUX Z823 20 liters

SKU: 1084372
3,190 baht
3,018 baht (special price only online)

263 items sold
  • The dust collection tank is made from good quality materials. The vacuum pipe is made from 2 pieces of reinforced plastic, which is strong and durable.
  • There is a microfilter dust filtration system. And there is a dry air system to keep the floor dry. and even more clean
  • Dust tank capacity is 16 liters and water storage is 20 liters.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

I owned a vacuum in the past but you could not change the bags and the vacuum became dirty on the inside.

Empty them, clean them and change the filters frequently. Continue to use one with clogged filters and you'll quickly ruin the motor. Keep the filters clean (replacements are dirt cheap and easy to find on Lazada etc) and they'll last for ages and easily out suck the maid.

I bought a Sharp in the past good suction but the the motor temperature controller failed. Result a molten motor support around the motor suction inlet. I made a new one of silicon rubber and now I run only 5 minutes on the lowest speed, I am afraid it gets on fire😂. You do not want to see a running vacuum cleaner catch fire, looks like a jet motor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Max Brok said:

I bought a Sharp in the past good suction but the the motor temperature controller failed. Result a molten motor support around the motor suction inlet. I made a new one of silicon rubber and now I run only 5 minutes on the lowest speed, I am afraid it gets on fire😂. You do not want to see a running vacuum cleaner catch fire, looks like a jet motor.

Have had a Sharp 2000W bagless for 5 years, still going strong. The OP needs to look at the wattage, 2000W would be my minimum, the higher the better.

We have bought 3 of Xiaomi vacuum cleaners, we broke one by pulling on the cord in places too far from the socket, the other 2 are going strong.

Xiaomi Deerma DX700 & DX810

Both under 1,000 baht and our maids love them, 30,000 PA and bagless, bought on lazada.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

According to my missus, emptying the dust container and cleaning the filters in the bag-less type is a right royal pain.

And whilst the bag-less models with multiple filters claim to suck up dust down to microscopic size, open your balcony door for 3 minutes and all the dust has been replaced.

On 10/19/2023 at 4:52 PM, marin said:

Found this to be great. Lots of vacuum power and it will work in wet or dry. I use throughout the house and for our cars. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=indoor+oudoor+vacuum+cleaner+thailand&rlz=1C1SQJL_thTH900TH900&oq=indoor+oudoor+vacuum+cleaner+thailand&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQABiiBDIHCAIQABiiBDIHCAMQABiiBDIHCAQQABiiBDIHCAUQABiiBNIBCTE0MTgyajFqN6gCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Vacuum and water vacuum cleaner ELECTROLUX Z823 20 liters

SKU: 1084372
3,190 baht
3,018 baht (special price only online)

263 items sold
  • The dust collection tank is made from good quality materials. The vacuum pipe is made from 2 pieces of reinforced plastic, which is strong and durable.
  • There is a microfilter dust filtration system. And there is a dry air system to keep the floor dry. and even more clean
  • Dust tank capacity is 16 liters and water storage is 20 liters.

Sounds noisy. Does it wash the floor well?

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I  spent 40 years in construction using just these, the amount of crap they sucked up before failing was incredible also the hoses dont break like many vacuums ive seen in thailand https://thaismegp.com/product/61dbe67d2b3aa382ba09f3a2

Have also had good experiences with Numatic, various sized units. Great for vaccing sand/gravel out of pool filters and they run and run.

• Like 1

First, you don't want a good vacuum cleaner... you want one that sucks.

Okay... bad joke out of the way...

I bought a Hitachi CV-SE22V 2200 bagless 3 or 4 years ago. HEPA filtration seems very efficient. The main filter also does a good job, so much so it constantly needs cleaning. I have a small air compressor that makes the job a breeze (pun intended)... I would highly recommend the machine - except the vac head does not flatten out fully for getting under furniture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Sounds noisy. Does it wash the floor well?

Good morning. Any more golden nuggets to spew? 😜

Its a vacuum not a floor polisher. Do you generally look for vacuum power or quietness when you purchase one?

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, marin said:

Good morning. Any more golden nuggets to spew? 😜

It’s a vacuum not a floor polisher. Do you generally look for vacuum power or quietness when you purchase one?

Yes, but stroll on. Go and take a chill pill. Life’s too short to be miserable. Truly. 

• Sad 1

I have three vacuum cleaners. And they are all different and work different.

First, I bought a "normal" vacuum cleaner, something like this.

It removes small parts (like parts of cookies on the floor), and it removes most dust.

It has a dust bag which has to be replaced maybe every one or two weeks.

(to be continued below)

234773.jpg

Then I bought a Dyson. It has no bag and is relatively small.

It is perfect for dust and tight corners. But above mentioned cookie pieces are already too big for that thing.

Dyson-V15-Direct-Laser-Core.jpg?&cropPat

Last but not least I have a professional "dust extractor" No bags, just a big tank. Perfect for cleaning of construction sites and anything else with cookie sized debris. I can also use it to suck water after I change one filter. It's great to get an area roughly cleaned. But for the final touch then I would use the Dyson again.

mobile-dust-extractors_1180x786.jpg

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Like 2