Pricing in Queen Sirikit hospital, Sattahip

Steven55

Hi folks,

BPH (Pattaya) is expensive when staying in ward room and extremely expensive when staying in ICU.
And medicines seem to be almost double in price, compared to a pharmacy.

Does anyone know pricing in Queen Sirikit hospital, Sattahip?
It is for an old guy who regularly has severe health problems.
He got insurance but  I'm afraid that at some point the insurance won't pay the excessive bills in full.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, domdom said:

Hello

We go to Queen Sirikit Hospital regularly, cardio center and emergencies (heart issues also).. cheapest good level hospital around Pattaya..

Meds are less expensive than in any farmacy (even the big chain one which gives through a card, discount)

If heart issues Dr Sarawut is excellent (he also consults sometimes in Memorial)..queue is long in cardio center in Sirikit unless you go to cardiac clinic opened on Fridays mornings (type of VIP service)..still very cheap.. Dr Sarawut consults there Fridays from 6.30 morning..Have to take appointment..

Emergency service is also very good..Again, used only for cardiac issues, don't know other departments but years ago a friend went there for leg issues (bike accident)..was very happy with service provided..

One point, very few English speakers..2 nurses and 1 emergency lady doctor totally fluent.. some doctors including Dr Sarawut also..but difficult to take appointment per phone if you don't speak Thai.

For billing you have to specify before payment you need bill in English, otherwise given in thai

Hope this helps

Have a good day

Pricing at Thai government hospitals is less than that at private hospitals but it is a dual pricing scheme with higher prices for services and medications for foreigners, including retirees; Dual-pricing for foreigners now legal at Thai public hospitals.

I also see Navy Captain Dr. Sarawooth Pholsane at the Queen Sirikit Naval Hospital in Sattahip District Chonburi Province.  The clinic I attend is on Wednesdays, starting at 7:00 am (possibly a little earlier) and usually lasting until about 8:30am.

The blood tests I require can be done at Queen Sirikit Hospital but need to be done the day before.  Because of the clinic hours, which means an extra trip from Pattaya.  I pay about 25% higher to get them done at the Lifecare Pattaya clinic, which is much less expensive than making the trip to Sattahip.

Dr. Sarawooth is also at Pattaya Memorial Hospital Friday evenings starting at 5:00 pm, but the cost of seeing him there is obviously higher than at Queen Sirikit and pharmacy prices are much higher than at Queen Sirikit, or even at Facino Pharmacies.

• Like 1

Two tier pricing in that hospital, and maybe at all or most hospitals in the Pattaya/Rayong area  .

I did a little shopping around for a cataract operation. It seems that once you get out of the farang zone prices drop by 50 %.

In the Lopburi provincial hospital the eye doctor was surprised to hear that many hospitals in Thailand charge farangs double. They also seem to be friendlier, take their time to answer your questions. Waiting time for the examination was  only 1 hour, which is excellent for a public hospital .

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, domdom said:

Hello

We go to Queen Sirikit Hospital regularly, cardio center and emergencies (heart issues also).. cheapest good level hospital around Pattaya..

Meds are less expensive than in any farmacy (even the big chain one which gives through a card, discount)

If heart issues Dr Sarawut is excellent (he also consults sometimes in Memorial)..queue is long in cardio center in Sirikit unless you go to cardiac clinic opened on Fridays mornings (type of VIP service)..still very cheap.. Dr Sarawut consults there Fridays from 6.30 morning..Have to take appointment..

Emergency service is also very good..Again, used only for cardiac issues, don't know other departments but years ago a friend went there for leg issues (bike accident)..was very happy with service provided..

One point, very few English speakers..2 nurses and 1 emergency lady doctor totally fluent.. some doctors including Dr Sarawut also..but difficult to take appointment per phone if you don't speak Thai.

For billing you have to specify before payment you need bill in English, otherwise given in thai

Hope this helps

Have a good day

21 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

The reason he has insurance is also supposed to be for peace of mind. He also obviously did not have these health conditions when he took out his insurance in the first place, so why does he not have peace of mind? Do insurance companies have the right to just stop someone's insurance because they make too many claims?

No wonder insurance companies have such a bad reputation. What about all the times someone pays out for years without making any claims? Yes, insurance is a business and they have to make profits, that's fair enough, but IMO there is far too much greed among insurance companies.

Nothing in the OP suggests the man in question is worried about his insurance.  Nor does it imply any insurance claims were denied, on the contrary it  implies all have been paid including some very hefty bills for ICU care at BPH.

His friend for some reason is worried that as the insurance claims mount up at some point the insurance will no longer pay. All insurance policies have caps - -a maximum either per year or per event. Possibly he is nearing that threshold. Or, possibly his friend is unnecessarily concerned. Without details as to the specific policy impossible to say.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 6:32 AM, domdom said:

Hello

Hope this helps

Have a good day

I've been using Sirikit Sattahip for a few years now.I had C surgery there 5 years ago.I ended up in a ward that was horrific.I opted for a private room as soon as there was one available.I think we had to pay up front and Aetna reimbursed most of it.Farangs pay quite a bit more than locals but I'm not sure how much. but Its still less expensive than private.

I go twice a year for blood tests and visit my GP. I used to get my meds there but my Dr suggested I use Fascino because of the dual pricing which turned out to be correct. 

I didn't know there was a cardiac center there.I had quad bypass surgery 14 years ago an BPH and they whacked the insurance company brutally.I was working overseas at the time so thank god/buddah that was covered.

22 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Note that while much, much cheaper than private hospitals (compared to BPH, about 25% the cost in general though it will vary with the treatment) , it will be difficult if not impossible to use insurance there. He would probably have to pay up front and be reimbursed and the level of documentation might not meet insurance company requirements for reimbursement.

There will not be direct payment  arrangement with insurer like there is at BPH.

BPH is the most expensive hospital in Pattaya area and one of the -- if not the -- most expensive in the country. There are some less expensive private options nearby e.g.

https://www.phyathai-sriracha.com/

https://www.samitivejsriracha.com/

https://www.pattayamemorial.com/

A far better option is Pattaya City that should be able to accomodate direct insurance billing. Cheaper than The Memorial nowdays.

34 minutes ago, jimn said:

A far better option is Pattaya City that should be able to accomodate direct insurance billing. Cheaper than The Memorial nowdays.

From feedback, I cannot recommend that option. At least not for anything serious or needing speciliazed care.