Is Naklua Fish Market normally so busy?

giddyup

Hadn't been for a few years but the missus had a hankering for some fresh fish, dried squid etc, but when we drove in it was impossible to find a park, either inside or out on the road, plus the place was overrun with Chinese. Is it normally like this or is Friday a bad day to go?

And yes - the market is usually busy. I've gone a number of times around 6am and it was already getting busy and half the vendors hadn't even set their stalls up yet.

I generally wear flip flops and roll my pant legs up when I go there. Unless you want to smell like fish and attract cats for a week (until the smell on your shoes fades).

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

My wife got back an hour ago and said it was busy at all. We’ll pig out on squid, fish and shrimps (farmed, unfortunately). Pla talay, muq too of course.

Is today Friday?

• Confused 1

On 10/21/2023 at 5:33 AM, Kerryd said:

And yes - the market is usually busy. I've gone a number of times around 6am and it was already getting busy and half the vendors hadn't even set their stalls up yet.

I generally wear flip flops and roll my pant legs up when I go there. Unless you want to smell like fish and attract cats for a week (until the smell on your shoes fades).

Well, I suppose if you have smelly feet anyway it doesn't matter.

23 hours ago, giddyup said:

I thought the long weekend was Sat, Sun, Mon?

You are correct it is, however many Thai's also take the Friday before the weekend making it a 4 day holiday. I take your point though as technically you are correct.

• Thumbs Up 1

The family & I drove our car there about 2 weeks ago in the early afternoon, not busy at all, we parked in the back, walked around (no big crowds), ate squid/shrimp & a few other dishes. My wife said it's always busy in the morning, so as a family with the car we avoid that time, but she's been known to take the motorbike herself and buy fresh seafood and come back and cook at home.

• Thumbs Up 1