When having received a '7 days to leave the country' permission, would doing a border-run result in a refusal to re-enter Thailand?

19 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

She nor her Thai husband did leave Phuket.  She was probably just at the temple or at the grocery store when the Imm Officer arrived UNANNOUNCED (NO phone-call). 

Are you suggesting that you are under virtual house-arrest during the under consideration period so that the Imm Officer can drop-in at any time of his liking?

That's what she is saying... I have never heard of "unannounced" visits... every one that I have had and every one that I have witnessed was preceded by a phone call... did she miss the call?  Did she ignore the call?  Did she tell them when they called that she was out and etc etc etc... IO is not the bad guy most of the time... I find them to be accommodating and friendly if they are treated respectfully.

Further, no you are not under house arrest... however when you submit your application you are agreeing to make yourself available for a visit on short notice... so wouldn't it make sense to be vigilant and ready to meet... I still don't buy that IO did not reach out and call... it is "she said, they said" 

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I have never heard of "unannounced" visits.

My first hand knowledge is…. IO came to see me on an unannounced visit. I wasn’t home and was told (MIN) for me to go to police station in town (we live in a village} the next day. No biggie photos a couple of questions and on my way. I’m on Non O Retirement (extension). 

My best guess is they were at neighbors. He’s on Non O

child. He said they visited him that day. We’re the only 3 foreigners in the village..

@moderator

This thread can now be closed as the answers provided to the Topic-question clarified it. 

And also the reason for the non-acceptance during the 'under consideration'  period of my friends 1-year Marriage extension has now become clear (although it is still somewhat dodgy).

Thanks to all those that responded with insights on how to tackle the issue.

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

And also the reason for the non-acceptance during the 'under consideration'  period of my friends 1-year Marriage extension has now become clear (although it is still somewhat dodgy).

I think what's dodgy is your friend's husband, who either doesn't take her extension very seriously or can't handle dealing with bureaucracy.

Something to keep in mind moving forward; maybe she can consider other visa options (if she has any) that don't require his participation.

Edited by Caldera
  • Thumbs Up 1