Forum upgrade in progress! ×

I have enough of it, what are my options?

Confuscious

10 minutes ago, connda said:

Linux my friend.

Start by downloading a Linux version ISO image.  Burn it to a thumb-drive using an app like Rufus or Universal USB Installer or LinuxLive USB Creator.  Set your system boot order so it will boot to the USB drive. 

Then take a drive of a few Linux versions.  Like what you see?  You can install it so it dual-boots with your current Windows.

But - after you get tired of that arrangement, consider buying a new computer with 1 TB SSD and only installing the Linux version you like.  Then study how to set up and run your Windows in a Virtualbox Virtual Machine.

Use Windows when you have to, enjoy Linux most of the time.

Also, buy a 2 TB USB 3.0 hard-drive and back up everything you currently have.
If you go to Linux, learn to make disk images using Clonezilla Live. 

I was planning to do the opposite.

Run Linux on my hard drive and use a pen-drive version of windows for exceptional things,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

Linux of Android?

What are my choices

Firefox for a browser.

Use one of the many Linux distros (with persistence) from a USB.

This way you get to keep windows as the main OS and use linux.

To be honest I do not have any problems in windows, just go into settings, harden the safety security settings and toggle/turnoff most of the other stuff in settings.

Edited by freeworld
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Windows is forcing the EDGE, Photos, and other software trought my throat

dowload a copy of iobit professional uninstaller... uninstall app.

right click on any leftovers and click uninstall.

same problem widows 10. FIXED

1 minute ago, Pouatchee said:

I have no issues. it hasn't reinstalled in months, so rather than putting this fix try it first cos it works for me

I have used ASC Pro for years, if your Windows updates, it reinstalls Edge. Something like that. There is a program to block Edge, can't remember what it is, Google will know.  

4 hours ago, QuantumQuandry said:

Strange, I use Windows 11 and I don't have those issues you seem to be facing.  I just tell it what program to open files with and it does.

I love Chrome.  Must be a pretty damn small hard drive to fill up from a browser...

Strange.

I fail to understand why some people feel the urge to respond to threads with utterly crap.

If you Google about Chrome you will see that A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME ISSUES WITH CHROME.

Why you don't go join these people and spew your crap there?

Could contain:

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Strange.

I fail to understand why some people feel the urge to respond to threads with utterly crap.

If you Google about Chrome you will see that A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME ISSUES WITH CHROME.

That's not a very nice attitude.  I was polite.  I didn't say, for example, "You don't have the I.Q. to operate a speak-and-spell and shouldn't be allowed to own a phone, much less operate a computer".  For a guy named after a philosopher, you are quite the smooth-brain.

Do you think that because you can Google issues with Chrome, it means everyone has them?  Do you think that if everyone had them, people would still be using it?  Or that it wouldn't completely dominate the browser marketshare?

Edited by QuantumQuandry
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Seppius said:

https://windowsreport.com/debloat-windows-11/

Easy to use, turn off everything you don't want, but need to do it after every W11 update

The problem with the latest windows 11 update is that every time windows detects that you have been changing applications that are not allowed to be removed, Windows puts them back.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Strange.

Could contain:

https://bits.avcdn.net/productfamily_CCLEANER/insttype_SLIM/platform_WIN_PIR/installertype_ONLINE/build_RELEASE

https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2

Install the first and then refer to and install the second. It should avail you of the options to clean the File System folder and what may not be cleaned under Windows > Advanced via the initially supplied CCleaner  options.