Bitcoin or Gold?

18 hours ago, ukrules said:

I first bought some Bitcoin back in 2012 when it was $12-$15

At the time it had previously crashed down from around $32 to $1, I had ignored it during the early days but kept an eye on it as it started to rise again.

Then I read about how it works and decided to buy some.

I know people who have saying BTC is a bad investment since 2014! 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

People were wary 10 years ago but now, Bitcoin has already won, there is no doubt about that. How high it will go is the only question. 

Ugh, another crypto zealot.

It's fine if you consider crypto a valid asset after careful, unbiased evaluation.  But your wording betrays your cult-like devotion that I can't take seriously.

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Who knew it was the height? 

Many, obviously as they sold. 

My point was it doesn't matter when you bought, if you wait a couple of years you'll be in profit. I hope you didn't sell. 

Now, is the time to buy more at the beginning of the next bull run, which should result in BTC well over $100k probably some time next year, or Nov 2025 at the latest. 

My point was it doesn't matter when you bought, if you wait a couple of years you'll be in profit. I hope you didn't sell. 

Now, is the time to buy more at the beginning of the next bull run, which should result in BTC well over $100k probably some time next year, or Nov 2025 at the latest. 

Why don't you sell everything and buy then? Instead of predicting the future for other people's benefit.

How do you know when the beginning of the next bull run is please?

How do you know it will rise to over $100,000, and when, probably?

And what lottery numbers should I pick for 1st November please?

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Age 57 and writing such nonsense. Frankly embarrassing.

If you were 17 you would be forgiven and it woukd be down to immaturity.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, QuantumQuandry said:

Ugh, another crypto zealot.

It's fine if you consider crypto a valid asset after careful, unbiased evaluation.  But your wording betrays your cult-like devotion that I can't take seriously.

Does that mean you'd buy gold instead of Bitcoin?

On 10/23/2023 at 2:48 PM, noobexpat said:

Good for getting some profit, but sounds like bits of play money really. Ok if you're a youngster.

Crypto is joke to me and gold is for hedging. Both produce no dividends to reinvest too. Why do i need a hedge when i will invest for +30 yrs, never sell but will only sustainably drawdown.

Topped up a global tracker on friday. 

My mother is 82 an bought Bitcoin a few years ago. The last few Xmases she's given her grandkids BTC. 

I don't see what age has to do with anything.  

22 minutes ago, Datsun 1200 said:

I just put all/any cash I had into 23ct gold chains bought with cash anonymously at Makro a typical Gold shop.

Paid under 32,000bht per "baht" (15.2gms) for all

I expect it to double in 12 months

IH

I hope your expectations come to fruition, but I doubt it.