Bitcoin or Gold?

2 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

I'm not giving you any. 

I do investment advice professionally, have done for decades.

You've said quite a lot about BTC on this thread and even called me immature 

How long have you known about Bitcoin, it's very relevant if you are going to have such strong feelings about it?

If you only heard about BTC last year, then I'll take your opinions with a grain of salt. 

23 minutes ago, Datsun 1200 said:

I just put all/any cash I had into 23ct gold chains bought with cash anonymously at Makro a typical Gold shop.

Paid under 32,000bht per "baht" (15.2gms) for all

I expect it to double in 12 months

IH

Did you wear a mask? Why?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

If you only heard about BTC last year, then I'll take your opinions with a grain of salt. 

You listen to nobody's opinions. You are even predicting the future. If you're so good at that then why not a milionaire already? 

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Datsun 1200 said:

I just put all/any cash I had into 23ct gold chains bought with cash anonymously at Makro a typical Gold shop.

Paid under 32,000bht per "baht" (15.2gms) for all

I expect it to double in 12 months

IH

I agree and bought gold last week. I bought it with BTC 🙂 

1 minute ago, noobexpat said:

You listen to nobody's opinions. You are even predicting the future. If you're so good at that then why not a milionaire already? 

OK, you're not going to tell me how ling you've known about Bitcoin, it's a free country, but I obviously wonder the reason. 

2 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

And you seem good at predicting how much money people you don't know have. 

Just now, noobexpat said:

Yes! ....over the decades i've been meeting various socio-economic clients.

Tell me where your prediction skills come from?

I studied Pure maths at university. I have been doing technical analysis for 7 years. 

How do you know how much money I have?  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I studied Pure maths at university. I have been doing technical analysis for 7 years. 

How do you know how much money I have?  

Interesting, so did i. 

Can you still do calculus? Integration with limits, differentiation.

I used to do actuarial work as my first job out of uni.

I can smell desperately seeking high returns from a million miles away 555

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

One has to wonder how you have been giving professional investment advice and didn't know about BTC until 2 years ago. 

I have to wonder why you would even wonder about a professional financial advisor not knowing about BTC.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

BlackRock’s spot Bitcoin ETF now listed on Nasdaq trade clearing firm

I am buying more BTC today, Blackrock know, Fidelity know, Kathy Woods knows, SEC know. 

https://cointelegraph.com/news/blackrock-spot-bitcoin-etf-nasdaq-clearing-firm

Funny, I was just getting ready to post that same article

51 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

BlackRock’s spot Bitcoin ETF now listed on Nasdaq trade clearing firm

I am buying more BTC today, Blackrock know, Fidelity know, Kathy Woods knows, SEC know. 

https://cointelegraph.com/news/blackrock-spot-bitcoin-etf-nasdaq-clearing-firm

Its just a bitcoin futures fund. No actual money going into bitcoin to make it go up. Do you understand the difference?

Blackrock win if it goes up or down, kinda makes no difference to them. Its FUA that they want and they want it before someone else gets it.

So how much you putting in?

• Haha 1

To answer the question which to buy? I would buy both assuming all fiat will eventually follow history and go to zero and gold would be my hedge against BTC going to zero. Stocks are fine if you know what you are doing but I am unlikely to have the 30 year time horizon a previous comment suggested (Stocks took many years to recover after the Great Depression crash of the 1930's). Hard assets such as land would be my other suggestion.

If you are interested in the BTC/Gold option try googling "Byetree" and look at their "BOLD" fund which is based on BTC and Gold with various conditions defining the ratio at any one time to try and reduce the volatility impact of BTC but still benefit from the upside.

11 hours ago, noobexpat said:

Its just a bitcoin futures fund. No actual money going into bitcoin to make it go up. Do you understand the difference?

The futures ETFs are very old news, and things are changing a lot very recently. I will summarise the current situation.

Suddenly about 12 of the largest investment companies in the US have filed for spot ETFs over the last few months.

Grayscale is attempting to convert their current listing into an ETF which was denied by the SEC, they sued the SEC and won with quite a ruling, the judge called out the SEC for being 'arbitrary and capricious' which is a big 'no no' in US law. The SEC decided not to appeal this ruling and announced as much on the last day an appeal could be filed.

Names like BlackRock, ARK, VanEck, Invesco/Galaxy, Fidelity, Valkyrie, Franklin Templeton and others - these are the companies who want to manage spot Bitcoin ETFs right now and they are pressuring the SEC, specifically Gensler who appears to be on a political crusade which has already been ruled arbitrary and capricious.

The amount of trillions of dollars these companies manage between them is huge and can not be understated.

So that brings us to the newer spot ETF applications which are coming through right now, here's a list with the various SEC deadlines as prepared by James Seyffart :

These recent developments are spiking interest and almost certainly account for the 28% rise in the trading price of BTC in the last 10 days.

The above is from James Seyffart who works for Bloomberg, he tweets a lot about ETFs and you can find him here :

https://twitter.com/JSeyff

Are all of the above asset management companies wrong and somehow deluded?

Or perhaps you simply missed the fact that this Bitcoin thing might be catching on - read that list of management companies again.....

Edited by ukrules

When the meltdown of civilization comes only Gold , Weapons and Ammo and meds  will have any value ,, so you may be able to survive  to compete for food, water , resources and safety  and even then disease   bad luck or  anarchy may still kill you ... study history ,, simitaneous fall of all the Bronze age civilizations , Hittites, Mycene, Minoan Crete, Assyrian and Old kingdom Eygypt  within 150 years ,,  etc  and our High tech  civilizations are very fragile beasts 

17 hours ago, MikePBrown said:

To answer the question which to buy? I would buy both assuming all fiat will eventually follow history and go to zero and gold would be my hedge against BTC going to zero. Stocks are fine if you know what you are doing but I am unlikely to have the 30 year time horizon a previous comment suggested (Stocks took many years to recover after the Great Depression crash of the 1930's). Hard assets such as land would be my other suggestion.

If you are interested in the BTC/Gold option try googling "Byetree" and look at their "BOLD" fund which is based on BTC and Gold with various conditions defining the ratio at any one time to try and reduce the volatility impact of BTC but still benefit from the upside.

Thanks. I'm looking at a piece of beach land at Pranburi at the moment. 

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

The futures ETFs are very old news, and things are changing a lot very recently. I will summarise the current situation.

Suddenly about 12 of the largest investment companies in the US have filed for spot ETFs over the last few months.

Grayscale is attempting to convert their current listing into an ETF which was denied by the SEC, they sued the SEC and won with quite a ruling, the judge called out the SEC for being 'arbitrary and capricious' which is a big 'no no' in US law. The SEC decided not to appeal this ruling and announced as much on the last day an appeal could be filed.

Names like BlackRock, ARK, VanEck, Invesco/Galaxy, Fidelity, Valkyrie, Franklin Templeton and others - these are the companies who want to manage spot Bitcoin ETFs right now and they are pressuring the SEC, specifically Gensler who appears to be on a political crusade which has already been ruled arbitrary and capricious.

The amount of trillions of dollars these companies manage between them is huge and can not be understated.

So that brings us to the newer spot ETF applications which are coming through right now, here's a list with the various SEC deadlines as prepared by James Seyffart :

These recent developments are spiking interest and almost certainly account for the 28% rise in the trading price of BTC in the last 10 days.

The above is from James Seyffart who works for Bloomberg, he tweets a lot about ETFs and you can find him here :

https://twitter.com/JSeyff

Or perhaps you simply missed the fact that this Bitcoin thing might be catching on - read that list of management companies again.....

Thanks. 

17 hours ago, noobexpat said:

Blackrock win if it goes up or down, kinda makes no difference to them. Its FUA that they want and they want it before someone else gets it.

So how much you putting in?

Still amazed how an investment profession didn't know about bitcoin until 2020, something ain't right. Maybe you better than the top companies listed by UKrules. 

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

Good info, appreciate the back story.

No they are not wrong. But the people who put their money in may well be. Blackrock etc would've set up a tulip futures fund, back in the day, given the opportunity.

They have no skin in the game. All they know is that to be first attracts funds and annual fund management charge. They have 832 equity and fixed interest funds alone. Whats one more? 

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Still amazed how an investment profession didn't know about bitcoin until 2020, something ain't right. Maybe you better than the top companies listed by UKrules. 

A 57 year old writing this. 

Do you really have a maths degree like me? You sure went a bit quiet further up 555

Why aren't you doing great for yourself and able to give this crypto ponzi a wide berth? Sit back, relax and watch SBF on TV 555

On 10/23/2023 at 1:57 PM, Neeranam said:

I am going to buy BTC as the halvening is soon and it should rise to over $100k in the next year,

How much did you pay for your crystal ball to know this? The idea of halving is that it helps to control the supply of new bitcoins, and some people think it will push the price up. However, there's no guarantee that the price will increase - it depends on a lot of factors, including demand, the overall market conditions, and investor sentiment. So while some people might be bullish on Bitcoin post-halving, it's not a sure thing. And that's why not everyone is rushing to buy Bitcoin! It's a speculative asset, and there's always a level of risk involved.

18 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

A 57 year old writing this. 

Do you really have a maths degree like me? You sure went a bit quiet further up 555

Why aren't you doing great for yourself and able to give this crypto ponzi a wide berth? Sit back, relax and watch SBF on TV 555

Here you go again, assuming I have no money. 

Did you really only find out about BTC in 2020? I find that hard to believe.

Sounds like someone has sour grapes about missing the early boat. 

Yes degree from Aberdeen Uni, and MA from Napier University, you'll know John Napier for discovering Logarithms. 

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Here you go again, assuming I have no money. 

Did you really only find out about BTC in 2020? I find that hard to believe.

Sounds like someone has sour grapes about missing the early boat. 

Yes degree from Aberdeen Uni, and MA from Napier University, you'll know John Napier for discovering Logarithms. 

Jeez, all those qualifications and you spend all your time on a Thai internet forum!

Over qualified for ASEAN NOW ...... who would have believed it.