Anutin: crackdown on illegality extends to the nightlife sector; no more graft or pay-to-play

webfact

4 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:
32 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Tourism is not Thailand's main industry!

You don't know squat.

Tourism is a huge driving force.

But it is not Thailand's main industry as claimed by the poster to whom I specifically responded.   Seems that I actually do know quite a bit of "squat".

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I would not be too quick to praise him, He is a well known Xenophobic Racist that hates Foreigners in His Country. God help us if he ever gets the top position.

One may think that his hatred of foreigners in general i.e. anybody non-thai,  is a regretful mentality amongst many Thai's and mainly those wearing some sort of uniform should it be the hotel bellboy or other.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, save the frogs said:

9 pm to 4 am gives you 7 consecutive hours to party. how much more do you need?

why do you need to stay up all night? are you a vampire? 

Rather short sighted. What if you finish work at 11pm, take 1 hour to get home, 1 hour to get ready and 30 minutes to get to the "nightlife". Your 7 hours is now down to 2.5 hours tops.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

But it is not Thailand's main industry as claimed by the poster to whom I specifically responded.   Seems that I actually do know quite a bit of "squat".

You've got a lot to learn about Thailand.

• Sad 1

Id love to see the minority Ultra right wing Bhuddist puritans   getting a bill through that bans all Nightlife ,, that would be so funny   ,,,,  Like prohibition in USA  or Iran, the Taliban  ,, just imagine Thailand blacked out   ,,, totally hilarious and  it would be so toxic ha ha

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Rather short sighted. What if you finish work at 11pm, take 1 hour to get home, 1 hour to get ready and 30 minutes to get to the "nightlife". Your 7 hours is now down to 2.5 hours tops.

Same happens at the other end.... not much time to get ready for work for 7am if you only left the bar at 4am. 

1 minute ago, quake said:

We live in a 24/7 world .

Why should the entertainment industry be any different.

Oh forgot,  old grumpy farts need to up early for there blue rinse appointment. 

You skipped getting up early for school I expect?

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Same happens at the other end.... not much time to get ready for work for 7am if you only left the bar at 4am. 

In which case you don't stay out until 4am by your own choice, not because someone else took that choice away from you. It's really not that difficult.

14 hours ago, MartinBangkok said:
14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Tourism is not Thailand's main industry!

Bull<deleted>, over 50% of Thailand's economy is black. Most of that is tourism related.

From where did you pull that uncorroborated "statistic".   If what I posted was indeed "BS", back your assertion with something empirical. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

One may think that his hatred of foreigners in general i.e. anybody non-thai,  is a regretful mentality amongst many Thai's and mainly those wearing some sort of uniform should it be the hotel bellboy or other.

I tend to agree. However, I personally have noticed it more since the covidiocy spamdemic, especially when we were branded as dirty Farangs by the individual we have been discussing. He wears a uniform, thereby, according to the Thai education brainwashing system, he must be right.

19 hours ago, Woof999 said:

In which case you don't stay out until 4am by your own choice, not because someone else took that choice away from you. It's really not that difficult.

If one lives in approximate vicinity to nightlife the choice of getting a nights sleep has been taken away from you. Let's not have any idiotic suggestions about moving or knowingly living in a bar area... this latest situation has been sprung on them. Even hotel residents may be subjected to drunks at very late hours.... some tourists get up early.

It is what it is and we shall see how it pans out....