Bangkok-Hua Hin trains leave from where now?

JemJem

Hi, folks. I have come across conflicting info on this online. According one site, they now leave from the new station, Krung Thep Apiwat, but according to others, they still leave from Hua Lamphong. 

Anyone here knows it for sure? 

And, also, I should ask this. I will probably take the train, but just curious. How much would a taxi normally cost from Bangkok to Hua Hin? Possibly, those ones dont use the meter and the fare is negotiated and agreed on beforehand. 

Cheers. 

I also have the same question, since there's some contradicting info online. I suggest to check with your hotel in Hua Hin before hopping on the train. As for the taxi the estimated taxi fare from Bangkok to Hua Hin is around 2,500 to 3,000 Thai Baht, depending on the negotiation with the driver and the type of taxi you take. Make sure to settle the fare beforehand to avoid any surprises at the end of the trip.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jamessmith0901 said:

I also have the same question, since there's some contradicting info online. I suggest to check with your hotel in Hua Hin before hopping on the train. As for the taxi the estimated taxi fare from Bangkok to Hua Hin is around 2,500 to 3,000 Thai Baht, depending on the negotiation with the driver and the type of taxi you take. Make sure to settle the fare beforehand to avoid any surprises at the end of the trip.

You can check on the SRT's online booking website. English have!

https://www.dticket.railway.co.th/DTicketPublicWeb/home/Home

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jamessmith0901 said:

Thank you for this information 🙂

No worries. It can be a bit tricky to use, the station names can be confusing.

IIRC correctly, Hua Lamphong is "Bangkok" and the flashy new terminal at Bang Sue is "Krung Thep Aphiwat".