E Visa from UK not working

Had a go again with Thai E Visa website ,, i can login , I can see all my correct application data , for NON O  but when trying to move to next section of the 5 stage application the site just freezes ,, its so frustrating ,, some people say use a different Browser, well I have tried FF, Edge and Google and that makes no difference

but I know people who have managed to use The Thai E visa system , and I used other countries E visa systems before with no issues ???

One issue to eliminate when this kind of symptom is encountered with websites (low chance but easy to try) is a prompt that gets hidden behind other windows. Try minimising all the visible windows. Sometimes, lo and behold, the hidden prompt will appear.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am helping my sister to get an e-visa in The Netherlands. On 18 October we filed the application and uploaded the required extra documents: flight booking, bank statement (screenshot of the bank app), hotel reservation and proof of address (some official letter with the address on it). On 27 October she got an email with header "Request for further document" and this message:

This application is on hold. Your application will be re-considered again within 60 days from your arrival date.

Also a link to the conditions, but that did not explain anything. From the header you would assume that they will contact you about the documents, but that has not yet happened. On the website under Check Status I can see that they are checking documents, last activity 26 October.

I have no idea where we stand now. Of course she can still travel, get permission for 30 days and then go for an extension, but she paid 35 euros and now has neither a visa or a rejection.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Dirk Z said:

This application is on hold. Your application will be re-considered again within 60 days from your arrival date.

This is irrelevant to the thread where the OP is not getting close to completing let alone submitting an application.  Can you help with that?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dirk Z said:

I am helping my sister to get an e-visa in The Netherlands. On 18 October we filed the application and uploaded the required extra documents: flight booking, bank statement (screenshot of the bank app), hotel reservation and proof of address (some official letter with the address on it). On 27 October she got an email with header "Request for further document" and this message:

Also a link to the conditions, but that did not explain anything. From the header you would assume that they will contact you about the documents, but that has not yet happened. On the website under Check Status I can see that they are checking documents, last activity 26 October.

I have no idea where we stand now. Of course she can still travel, get permission for 30 days and then go for an extension, but she paid 35 euros and now has neither a visa or a rejection.

Possibly they would like to see a PDF of a conventional bank statement rather than a screenshot of the app?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dirk Z said:

I am helping my sister to get an e-visa in The Netherlands. On 18 October we filed the application and uploaded the required extra documents: flight booking, bank statement (screenshot of the bank app)

The most likely reason is the bank statement. Your sister needs to provide an actual statement, not just a screenshot from her bank app.

• Like 1

Replying to Liddelljohn

I received my e-visa on 26th October, so have recent experience of using the website. After commencing the application on-line, I, too, experienced some difficulty re-logging in, finally submitting the visa, and making the payment. To address these problems, I think I logged out, cleared my cookies, and logged back in. I think I had to attempt this twice, but after a couple of tries I managed to get the system to work correctly. As you are finding, the website isn't straight forward. I suggest you keep trying and wish you good luck.

Replying to Dirk Z

I am pretty certain that you can not apply for a e visa in advance of 60 days before the trip will commence. If the arrival date is more than 60 days away this would explain the message that your application will be 're-considered again within 60 days from your arrival date'.

As others have commented, it may be that you need to supply a scan of an actual bank statement rather than a screenshot.

I hope these comments help.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

I can see all my correct application data , for NON O  but when trying to move to next section of the 5 stage application the site just freezes ,, its so frustrating ,,

The application is 4 stages, Eligibility, Applicant details, Travel information and Supporting documents. You haven't said from/to where the problem occurred. I assume from the fact you said you can see ALL aplication details you cannot get past the 4th stage, the supporting documents.

One reason the system will not move past this point is if there has not been an upload for every question, or that uploads do not meet requirements, should be JPEG for stages 1/2 and JPEG/PDF for stage 4, all uploads are limited to 3MB.

Would be worth checking through your responses again, apart from the first 2 questions they can all be edited.

• Thanks 1

I still cant even get past first stage   of application , I have an ultra fast Broadband connection ,  tried again today and also from  other wifi  result is the same  cannot   progress im getting very frustrated   the website is very slow and  continually freezes ,and losing my data

18 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

I still cant even get past first stage   of application , I have an ultra fast Broadband connection ,  tried again today and also from  other wifi  result is the same  cannot   progress im getting very frustrated   the website is very slow and  continually freezes ,and losing my data

Probably best to wait until tomorrow and try again and then the next day until they fix the website problem.

I've found that the eVisa site is a bit "sticky" now and then after certain questions, but does proceed after a short delay.  Most infuriatingly, the error messages are either obscure or non-existent, so you must look at what you've submitted again and again.  When it doesn't move on you must check really carefully that you have answered all the questions so far in full and that no error messages have appeared.  Then you stand a chance of submitting the application.

57 minutes ago, QPRFC said:

Try using Chrome Incognito mode.

I've come across numerous payment websites (flights, hotel bookings etc) which don't work properly using Chrome or Edge but do within Incognito mode.

Did you want to give a bit information on that.

9 hours ago, Sun3110 said:

Replying to Dirk Z

I am pretty certain that you can not apply for a e visa in advance of 60 days before the trip will commence. If the arrival date is more than 60 days away this would explain the message that your application will be 're-considered again within 60 days from your arrival date'.

You can apply 3 months before your travel date.

11 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

Finally managed to get it all the way through to payments and accepted   but thats a total of 4 hours   over 5 days and 27  attempts ... ,  Phew  need a drink now ....

Glad u completed it. I remember the 1st time I used it years ago. Over and over I couldnt go back in to complete my application as I had simply not ticked/selected the correct date range which was way off screen needing scrolling a good scroll below.

With so many complaints  during/immediately after Covid, the then Thai PM Prayut demanded that the site be improved. Sounds like little was done if anything! Unbelievable given the time since it was introduced and the number of tourists/visitors Thailand must have lost that understandably gave up on it and went elsewhere.

12 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

You can apply 3 months before your travel date.

Thanks for this, but I re-visited the website and it says: You must apply for an e-Visa at least 1 month before your intended travel date BUT no longer than 2 months because most visas have 60 - 90 days' validity starting from the date of issuance.

So it looks like we were to early (90 days!) and the somewhat awkwardly formulated message simply means that they will reconsider the application within this 60 days winsow. This starts at 6 November.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sun3110 said:

Replying to Liddelljohn

I received my e-visa on 26th October, so have recent experience of using the website. After commencing the application on-line, I, too, experienced some difficulty re-logging in, finally submitting the visa, and making the payment. To address these problems, I think I logged out, cleared my cookies, and logged back in. I think I had to attempt this twice, but after a couple of tries I managed to get the system to work correctly. As you are finding, the website isn't straight forward. I suggest you keep trying and wish you good luck.

Replying to Dirk Z

As others have commented, it may be that you need to supply a scan of an actual bank statement rather than a screenshot.

Thank you for this and your message is certainly helpful. It takes some "creative" reading but indeed you can understand the message in a way that they will start the process in the time window of 60 days. In our case that begins on 6 November. We'll wait and see.

All these requirements for just 60+30 days. Meanwhile millions come in on VE/VoA 90 or 30+30/15 with no proofs other than Bt20k which is rarely asked for. NOW, which visas do you think are most often utilised by criminals and overstayers?

Bad news they have rejected my application  saying my passport has less than 6 months which is a lie it has 7 month and 18 days ,, im furious   and I have just been ripped  off for £60

What the hell am I supposed to do now

1 minute ago, liddelljohn said:

Bad news they have rejected my application  saying my passport has less than 6 months which is a lie it has 7 month and 18 days ,

7 months and 18 days from the date of your application? Or from the date of your intended entry?

6 hours ago, Dirk Z said:

Thanks for this, but I re-visited the website and it says: You must apply for an e-Visa at least 1 month before your intended travel date BUT no longer than 2 months because most visas have 60 - 90 days' validity starting from the date of issuance.

So it looks like we were to early (90 days!) and the somewhat awkwardly formulated message simply means that they will reconsider the application within this 60 days winsow. This starts at 6 November.

Apologies, I have also since read what you quote.

I definitely saw 3 months mentioned somewhere. -  possibly re Non-Immigrant O visas 

51 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

Bad news they have rejected my application  saying my passport has less than 6 months which is a lie it has 7 month and 18 days ,, im furious   and I have just been ripped  off for £60

What the hell am I supposed to do now

Jay Clay is correct in inferring that you need 6 months validity on your passport at the time of entry.

There are senior contributors on here who will tell you that Thailand does not require 6 months validity.....I think that you have just proved that they do.