E Visa from UK not working

6 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

At time of entry I will have   6 months  and 29 days ....

However, a visa usually has a validity or "enter by" date.... Perhaps there needs to be 6 months from the enter by date? I don't know, I'm just guessing here.

12 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

Bad news they have rejected my application  saying my passport has less than 6 months which is a lie it has 7 month and 18 days ,, im furious   and I have just been ripped  off for £60

What the hell am I supposed to do now

You need to be a bit more careful over what they are asking. It is not like going to the airport, as far as they are concerned the 6 months would from when the visa could be used by,  as visas are normally to be used within 3 months you would need about 9 months on passport.

Unlike checking in, your intended date of travel could easily change.

A hard lesson but mistakes like this are easily made. One time without thinking I booked to come here at short notice and got denied boarding with 5 and a half months on passport. Talked to a supervisor who phoned Thailand and was allowed to board on sight of a return ticket. What was even worse I had taken Easyjet to Amsterdam to catch China Airlines flight which would have made denial of boarding even more inconvenient.

If you are planning to stay any length of time you could have a bit of a problem. Depending on where you stay there  is a good chance you could get an appointment at the passport office almost straight away and delivery is guaranteed within 7 days, a couple of weeks ago mine took 5 days. I then applied for Non O visa which took 48 hours. I appreciate it is tight on your intended travel but the one advantage is the visa comes by email and you can be anywhere to receive it. Good luck.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, mlkik said:

I am at payment stage of my application but as yet have not had to provide proof of flight,accomodation or bank account statement.

Is this done after payment?

My experience (three times over last 2.5 years) is that payment is the final step, but they may have changed it....

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/2/2023 at 8:17 PM, hotandsticky said:

Apologies, I have also since read what you quote.

I definitely saw 3 months mentioned somewhere. -  possibly re Non-Immigrant O visas 

I knew I has seen 3 months quoted somewhere - the Thai embassy London website:-

You are recommended to apply for a visa at least 4-8 weeks before the travel date but do not submit your application more than 3 months before your departure date.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/visa-general-information

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 8:19 PM, hotandsticky said:

Jay Clay is correct in inferring that you need 6 months validity on your passport at the time of entry.

There are senior contributors on here who will tell you that Thailand does not require 6 months validity.....I think that you have just proved that they do.

What Immigration require and the rules applied by individual consular officials at embassies/consulates are not always in concurrence with each other. Most embassies impose a requirement of six months validity at the time the visa is issued. Some embassies/consulates might apply different rules. Immigration, on entry, requires that you have a passport valid for the duration of your intended stay.

On 11/2/2023 at 7:25 PM, liddelljohn said:

Bad news they have rejected my application  saying my passport has less than 6 months which is a lie it has 7 month and 18 days ,, im furious   and I have just been ripped  off for £60

What the hell am I supposed to do now

Visa exempt 30 days, extend once

for 30 days, border bounce for 30 more days. Simples.

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

Visa exempt 30 days, extend once

for 30 days, border bounce for 30 more days. Simples.

This is workable, use the IATA Travel Centre (https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/) to double check if your chosen airline has non standard requirements on things like passport validity, or any other problems with countries you are transferring through.

One important note: while Thailand doss not impose a six month passport validity requirement (and most airlines should not either on direct flights from your home country to Thailand) most other countries do, and you should carefully check that all your planned journeys will be OK. All countries neighbouring Thailand have a six month rule, though people have successfully done border bounces to Laos by land with shortly to expire passports in spite of the official laws in Laos.

To avoid problems, it is not wise to travel with a passport that will have less than six months validity at the end of your planned itinerary.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

This is workable, use the IATA Travel Centre (https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/) to double check if your chosen airline has non standard requirements on things like passport validity, or any other problems with countries you are transferring through.

One important note: while Thailand doss not impose a six month passport validity requirement (and most airlines should not either on direct flights from your home country to Thailand) most other countries do, and you should carefully check that all your planned journeys will be OK. All countries neighbouring Thailand have a six month rule, though people have successfully done border bounces to Laos by land with shortly to expire passports in spite of the official laws in Laos.

To avoid problems, it is not wise to travel with a passport that will have less than six months validity at the end of your planned itinerary.

Fair point. I forgot about neighbouring countries 🤦

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

@BritTim New passport then, or are the wait times too long in the UK?

Definitely advisable if possible. I am not current on express passport applications in the UK. At one time, for a hefty price, even same day was possible. I think the minimum now might be seven days (in person at regional passport offices).

• Thanks 1

Got my £60 money back   by getting on to Barclaycard  and telling them what happened  ,,   they called some admin who checked the transaction  and  are cancelling it for me  ,on the basis that they have not delivered a contractual service where i have complied  with international regulations  .   Interestingly the payment goes via Hong Kong  Kasikorn   bank  in a convoluted way to a different bank in Thailand, not Kasikorn    and  technicaly looks like a fraudulant transaction ,TIT , 

I may have a solution  I have an EU passport  and its got  9 years validity   I think I can apply using my EU address  as its an E visa   so no post involved

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

@BritTim New passport then, or are the wait times too long in the UK?

The time for the standard service is several weeks and varies from time to time, will be on the rise at this time of year with people looking to Christmas holidays.

The same day service has been suspended, has been for some time. The 7 day service is the best bet, you have to make an appointment at any of the regional offices, depending which one you choose appointments can be available at fairly short notice, cost is £160.

I went to Liverpool at 17.30 on Friday 15th Sept and received passport on Thurs 21st Sept, had been guaranteed by 23rd.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

Interestingly the payment goes via Hong Kong  Kasikorn   bank  in a convoluted way to a different bank in Thailand, not Kasikorn    and  technicaly looks like a fraudulant transaction ,TIT , 

Kasikorn HK is just one of the many Kasikorn branches in Asia.

You have to remember the MFA does not  just deal with the UK, it will be receiving payments from around the globe and some payment processors are reluctant to deal with Thailand. Hong Kong has been seen as a financial hub for decades.

A bit  irresponsible to suggest anything untoward.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sandyf said:

Kasikorn HK is just one of the many Kasikorn branches in Asia.

You have to remember the MFA does not  just deal with the UK, it will be receiving payments from around the globe and some payment processors are reluctant to deal with Thailand. Hong Kong has been seen as a financial hub for decades.

A bit  irresponsible to suggest anything untoward.

Im only saying what the Barclaycard  lady told me   she said it does not look like a normal transaction  and the  bank it goes to in Thailand is not Kasikorn  but some kind of private bank by the codes none of the major Thai banks for sure ????

anyway  I dont care   either way ,

5 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

Im only saying what the Barclaycard  lady told me   she said it does not look like a normal transaction  and the  bank it goes to in Thailand is not Kasikorn  but some kind of private bank by the codes none of the major Thai banks for sure ????

anyway  I dont care   either way ,

Quite obvious you don't care, otherwise you wouldn't have made this suggestion.

" technicaly looks like a fraudulant transaction"

Banking wise Thailand is not normal, for example they use 8 character codes for retail banking and 11 character codes for commercial banking. Do you rally think the Barclaycrd staff know the ins and outs of every banking arrangement in the world.

HSBC still operates in Thailand, including a private banking service,would that be classed as a major Thai bank?

On 11/1/2023 at 7:23 AM, Enoon said:

Possibly they would like to see a PDF of a conventional bank statement rather than a screenshot of the app?

Yep I had similar minor issues with London website

Once I turned everything into PDF and uploaded "something" on every question it sailed through

8 hours ago, sandyf said:

Quite obvious you don't care, otherwise you wouldn't have made this suggestion.

" technicaly looks like a fraudulant transaction"

Banking wise Thailand is not normal, for example they use 8 character codes for retail banking and 11 character codes for commercial banking. Do you rally think the Barclaycrd staff know the ins and outs of every banking arrangement in the world.

HSBC still operates in Thailand, including a private banking service,would that be classed as a major Thai bank?

you should read what I said   ,, Barclaycard  says the transaction technicaly looks fraudulant by the  way it is structures,,,, NOT my suggestion