Fun at Jomtiem immigration

pomchop

17 hours ago, kinyara said:

Any particular reason why the " many foreigners looking to leave Thailand " haven't left already ?  After all the country has been open for a couple of years now and if the places you mention are so attractive and easy immigration wise why on earth are they still here.

Maybe like me they have a good marriage and good families. If it was not for that I would have gone years ago only because of the many Thai immigration issues. ie the 90 day reports that I did not have to do when I first came here in 2005.

I'm from America and decided to use an agent for both my extension visa and my retirement visa. The agent handles ALL OF THE PAPERWORK. I did nothing but sign and take a couple of photos. Yes, there is a fee, but no hassle. Literally for the extension it was a 1 minute wait, photo and left. Use a reputable agent and you'll be happy you did. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, alex8912 said:

There are agents just to do 30 day Tourist visa extensions?  For the 1900 fee and 3-400 baht more? 

So the poster who said that Manareet charged 6000Bt for this was either not being truthful or missing something out.

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

People often ask opinions about moving in a particular area. 

It has never occured to me before but now, I guess ne question that I will have would be " how is the immigration office there" 

Here in Khon Kaen we are blessed  with a very profesional IO that seems to be geared toward helping expedite issues. At least that has been my experience so far. 

But IO offices do change their staff from time to time.

11 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

So the poster who said that Manareet charged 6000Bt for this was either not being truthful or missing something out.

I was truthful and left nothing out. They quoted 6000 baht for 30 day extension which included the 1900 baht immigration fee (so 4100 baht agent fee).

Maybe the poster saying agent fee of 200-400 is confused and that's for 90 day reporting as definitely not that cheap for a 30 day extension

Edited by Pattaya57

9 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I was truthful and left nothing out. They quoted 6000 baht for 30 day extension which included the 1900 baht immigration fee (so 4100 baht agent fee).

Maybe the poster saying agent fee of 200-400 is confused and that's for 90 day reporting as definitely not that cheap for a 30 day extension

There is no charge for 90 day reporting, I don't doubt you are being sincere, but I wonder if the person serving you understood you properly. Please don't

take this the wrong way, but are you a Native English speaker?

23 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Please name an agent that does a 30 day extension for 200-400 baht and I'll do it in a heartbeat.

I took my friend to the seemingly popular Maneerat last week and they quoted 6000 baht to do a 30 day extension (obviously includes 1900 baht immigration fee)

100 b for 90 day report used to be free 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I would agree with you if that was true. All I've heard and read about Manareet has been very positive. so positive that I intend to use them shortly for my retirement

extensions, but this is making me think again. I would be interested in any other posters views on this. If anyone is worried about the defamation law, send me a PM.

I've used Maneerat for my last 2 Extensions (Actually last time it was Extension + Multi Reentry Permit, plus TM30 as I was moving Condo + 90 day report) & have always found their service to be excellent which is why they're always recommended by other members on here. 

I think the only issue I've seen posted in this thread was the fact that they were charging 6,000b to do a 30 day extension so it wasn't so much a service issue but more of a cost issue. 

Maneerat's Costs are:-

• Extension (Non-Imm O "Retirement") - 8,000b (I keep 800K in the bank all year round, I believe it's 12,000 if you don't)
  • Multi Re-Entry permit 4,000b (I get this at the same time as the extension so may be a little bit more if you get it separately, I seem to recall when I needed a Single Re-Entry permit  outside of my normal extension cycle, the cost was 1,300b) 
  • TM30 - 500b 
  • Residency Certificate (I needed this to open a new Bank Account) - 500b
  • 90 Day Reporting 100b (Though they did it for free with my extension, seem to recall they did the same last year even though I didn't need a new report). 

I believe some agencies do your extension in a different province, mine was done at Jomtien as I needed to go there on the day to have my photo taken at the immigration counter. 

Again, I can only speak highly of them & have recommended them to my friends who would say the same.  

Edited by Mike Teavee

2 hours ago, jimn said:

Granted I have never done a 30 day extension but its standard at Jomtien for a retirement extension. As an aside I always wonder why people go to immigration so early in the day. You gain absolutely nothing as many other people have the same idea. I have always gone about 09.30 no queues minimal waiting same deal, come back later to collect.

My IO told me to come after lunch 'cos less people, and that's for a marriage extension. Which leaves all morning for me to go to bank, and all the copies etc. to do without rushing around and time to stop for my lunch. 

16 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

There is no charge for 90 day reporting, I don't doubt you are being sincere, but I wonder if the person serving you understood you properly. Please don't

take this the wrong way, but are you a Native English speaker?

You have to be kidding. Maneerat ladies have very good English and they were just as clear with 30 day extension as they were for 25000 baht for non-imm O + 12 month retirement extension. Why would my post make you think I'm not a native English speaker?

I assume you think it is only 200-400 Baht to get a 30 day extension from an agent. Please provide who as it's definitely not Maneerat

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I've used Maneerat for my last 2 Extensions (Actually last time it was Extension + Multi Reentry Permit, plus TM30 as I was moving Condo + 90 day report) & have always found their service to be excellent which is why they're always recommended by other members on here. 

I think the only issue I've seen posted in this thread was the fact that they were charging 6,000b to do a 30 day extension so it wasn't so much a service issue but more of a cost issue. 

Maneerat's :-

• Extension - 8,000b (I keep 800K in the bank all year round, I believe it's 12,000 if you don't)
  • Multi Re-Entry permit 4,000b (I get this at the same time as the extension so may be a little bit more if you get it separately, I seem to recall when I needed a Single Re-Entry permit  outside of my normal extension cycle, the cost was 1,300b) 
  • TM30 - 500b 
  • Residency Certificate (I needed this to open a new Bank Account) - 500b
  • 90 Day Reporting 100b (Though they did it for free with my extension, seem to recall they did the same last year even though I didn't need a new report). 

I believe some agencies do your extension in a different province, mine was done at Jomtien as I needed to go there on the day to have my photo taken at the immigration counter. 

Again, I can only speak highly of them & have recommended them to my friends who would say the same.  

Thanks for taking the time to let me know all these things, although I would never need to do a 30 day report, I am a bit alarmed they would charge 6000Bt for what other agents charge 200-400Bt.

7 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

You have to be kidding. Maneerat ladies have very good English and they were just as clear with 30 day extension as they were for 25000 baht for non-imm O + 12 month retirement extension. Why would my post make you think I'm not a native English speaker?

I assume you think it is only 200-400 Baht to get a 30 day extension from an agent. Please provide who as it's definitely not Maneerat

i am just trying to figure out why Manareet would charge 6000Bt for what other agencies charge 200-400Bt. I have no doubt you are a NES.

3 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Thanks for taking the time to let me know all these things, although I would never need to do a 30 day report, I am a bit alarmed they would charge 6000Bt for what other agents charge 200-400Bt.

What agents charge 200-400 baht for 30 day extensions?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pomchop said:

gal that took the $$ could not simply put the stamp in passport and give back to you then rather than go sit and wait some more is some kind of stupid normal}....then guy comes out and says  go home/come back...

Because it's a complicated process, apparently. (I can only refer to Changwattana in Bangkok, though...)

Person 1 hands out numbers, if you're early, and you have to line up far from the entrance. Then, when they open, everyone hurries to the doors, where one has to line up again, while person 2 calls out/checks numbers. Going inside, one has to line up again to have docs checked, and given a number. After 90 to 120 minutes of waiting, number gets called, again documents get thoroughly checked, and also up to 10min. pass while the IO checks the documents, and updates everything in the computer. One gets a new number, and asked to wait outside, usually 30 to 60min. - Passport and docs pass through several hands, checked and re-checked over and over, before being ready to get stamped by, dunno, person number 15? - Highly effective process, which Immigration in Jomtien surely has to follow too...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Shop Mak was the original poster quoting 200-400 baht for agent to do 30 day extension and only you have agreed with him. Neither of you two have named an agent to back up that claim (but you were happy to call me a liar for quoting Maneerat as 6000 baht)

You are talking a load of rubbish. If you read the post again you will see I said that I believe you are being sincere, I never insinuated in any way that you are liar. An apology would be nice.

24 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Maybe if you would have paid in

฿  ฿ instead of $ $ you would have gotten better service.  😁

all but the most obtuse no doubt understand that $ can mean more generically MONEY in whatever currency

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Contact the Vice Minister of foreign affairs. He looks to be a go getter.

https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/remarks-vfm-190thaius-1feb2023?cate=5d5bcb4e15e39c3060006848

After reading all that sweet talk I'd like to ask "Why Russians get 90-day visa free entry and Americans only 30-day?

But I don't dare...

Russians are spending more

8 minutes ago, pomchop said:

all but the most obtuse no doubt understand that $ can mean more generically MONEY in whatever currency

And all but the most obtuse no doubt understand that a big smiley means it is a joke