What USA banks use IACH with Thailand?

1.  Bangkok Bank - New York Branch is a corresondance bank and DOES NOT process any personal accounts.  You have to go directly to Bangkok Bank in Thailand,

2.  Not sure why you don't just have your retirement payment direct deposited into a US bank like Chase or other large institutions (that do not get bought out by bigger banks.)

3.  Then you go through Wise.com and establish a transfer process between your acount in the US bank and Bangkok Bank.  Then you can initiate any and all transactions on your computer.  No need for any VPN or OTPs.

4.  I did this a long time ago and now have two of my Bangkok Bank accounts ID'd for deposits plus my wife's Bangkok Bank account.  Once the money is in Thailand,  I can move it anywhere to what ever bank acount in any bank.  I think most of us do it this way.

5. If you are on Social Security, you should NOT have your SS payment direct deposited into a Thailand bank.  Why?  The USG requires you to prove that you are alive every year.

On 11/4/2023 at 9:40 AM, jmd8800 said:

This need is coming about because banks in the USA are beginning to refuse to send OTP to a MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator). I am using Line2 for incoming SMS and both Capital One and USBank refuse to use the MVNO number.

One good method to ensure you get OTP's from US financial institutions is to get an UltraMobile PayGo sim card.  In addition you will need a smartphone that permits WiFi calling and texting.  The sim can be purchased on eBay for $13 including shipping to a US address.  You MUST set up the sim by inserting into a phone and connecting to the UltraMobile network while you're in the US.  You will be able to receive OTP codes as an SMS over WiFi and the number will be identified as belonging to a US carrier.  For further details see the eBay listing here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285112988423

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fceligoj said:

5. If you are on Social Security, you should NOT have your SS payment direct deposited into a Thailand bank.  Why?  The USG requires you to prove that you are alive every yea

It is your Thai address that triggers 7162 (alive) . I am getting this for my

usa ss deposit . Trying to decide now if it is a good idea to Change from Thai address to USA address (available) . Appreciate any feedback if I should make the address change via calling from Thailand as I am not in usa

14 hours ago, fceligoj said:

2.  Not sure why you don't just have your retirement payment direct deposited into a US bank like Chase or other large institutions (that do not get bought out by bigger banks.)

I already do this with USBank. They have changed their protocol and will no longer allow me to transfer money to Wise from the web browser. I can, however, request that Wise withdraw money from that account at USBank. 3 months ago that request was filled almost instantly and now it takes 3-4 days.

It appears that different banks have different protocols for handling various transactions. The goalposts are always moving.

I am trying to find at least 2 ways to transfer money in case one fails.

On 11/8/2023 at 9:51 AM, jmd8800 said:

I already do this with USBank. They have changed their protocol and will no longer allow me to transfer money to Wise from the web browser.

Most banks have a smartphone app.  Have you tried using that to initiate an ACH transfer to Wise?  Sometimes the app can do things that aren't available on a browser.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 1:37 PM, gamb00ler said:

Most banks have a smartphone app.  Have you tried using that to initiate an ACH transfer to Wise?  Sometimes the app can do things that aren't available on a browser.

The mobile phone app requires an American based, non-VOIP number. I cannot use the app on my Thai telephone number.