Different types of Thais

bignok

17 hours ago, bignok said:

I notice a difference. Bangkokians are busy hard working types. Regional folks more steady and friendly. Island types want your $.

Most Bangkokians are not from Bangkok, they are from the provinces. You knew that though yes? 

there is a group of younger thai's in real jobs that's interesting, but i don't see them that often:

for example, the ones who install the 3bb lines in your home or work for the electric authority. they seem more educated then or have had training in a skilled trade.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, swissie said:

70 year old Thai Ladies, pushing a food cart in Pattaya, not being supported by their children. Having not succeeded to connect with a Farang when they were young and beautiful.

And you can divide that group into many groups de[pending upon how many and which teeth they have? Why the need to divide?

For me, there are 2 kinds of people... Those who divide people into 2 types of people and those who don't. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, bruin said:

I had surgery on my leg recently still bandaged on crutches. While at a fruit stand the older Thai lady seller 55ish, noticed my bandage coming loose. After purchase she walked around stand and try to press my bandage back on leg. Never see or been to the fruit stand ever before.

This is above and beyond kindness. Never ever would a stranger in my home country take the effort and have the kindness to do such a thing.

Don't forget this type of category of Thai people.

True most westerners are selfish

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

there is a group of younger thai's in real jobs that's interesting, but i don't see them that often:

for example, the ones who install the 3bb lines in your home or work for the electric authority. they seem more educated then or have had training in a skilled trade.

You are wright my nephew builds robots for medical surgeries just came back from Japan.

I think the western media publishes what it thinks the western readership wants to read.........and why wouldn't they do that? They have a business to run and sex sells.....always has done.

But the image they portray of Thailand is not accurate & it taints all Thais.....even the ones not connected to the bar scene or the entertainment industry which easily account for around 90% of the population.

The entertainment industry and those who work in it are supposed to be there for "entertainment". Not for falling in love with and marrying. By not observing the rules we bring a lot of the troubles we read about onto ourselves....simply by not knowing or following the rules.

Beyond the bar scene there is the real Thailand and there is a layer of real Thai society who are smart, honest, kind and completely normal. 

I've had the good fortune of encountering and working with this section of Thai society for the last 16 years and built a business around them - and the Burmese community. 

Thai society pays scant regard to the bar scene and the girls that work in it......they know it's there but they know the reality of the situation.

I enjoy being entertained so I'm not knocking it at all, but jumping into a serious relationship with a working girl? That's for the birds.

• Thumbs Up 1