Thai Executives 2nd Best Paid In Asia

Thai executives 2nd best paid in Asia

Jul 17, 2007, 5:55 GMT

Bangkok - A recent survey has found that Thai senior management are the eighth highest paid worldwide, ranking only after their Hong Kong counterparts in Asia, news reports said Tuesday.

The survey, conducted by Hay Group, showed that Thai executives earn more real disposable income after tax than those in the United States, Japan and even Singapore, which was ranked the ninth position on this global survey, published by the Nation newspaper

monstersandcritics.com

perhaps with the strong baht it's time for some salary adjustements ,

for the good of the country and all ..................................... :o

Edited by Mid

I was just reading this. It's quite extraordinary and almost a bit too bizarre to be true. Thai executives effectively earning more (in real spending power terms) than similar people in Singapore, Switzerland, Germany, US, Australia, NZ, South Korea, the UK and Denmark.

Amazing.

I can't work out the methodology. If they are saying Thai senior manager's real income is equivalent to US$147k, what is the benchmark. Surely they would be comparing it to the US, but there the figure is US$104k.

I don't get it.

I think the key factor is relative purchasing power combined with comparisons of each country's cost of living and taxation levels.

Yes, I get that. But to actually put a purchase power as this survey has done, there has to be some base benchmark. So what is it?

Oh, no, wait. I think i get it. They are saying that the average senior manager in the US gets something like 104k which is, of course, their purchasing power. Whereas a Thai senior manager earns xxxxxx baht which is worth 147k.

Duhhhhh. . .stupid me. Sorry trajan. I get it now.

Edited by bendix

Managers in Emerging Economies Winning on Pay

Singapore ranks 9th behind Hong Kong and Thailand

Within Asia, senior managers in Hong Kong take home the highest pay compared to their peers in Singapore and Thailand.

snip

Hay Group’s World Pay Report compares detailed pay, bonus, tax and cost-of-living information at senior management (head of function/department) level, to reveal disposable income levels for 46 countries in North America, South America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The report was compiled using cross-country pay comparisons from Hay Group’s PayNet, one of the world’s most comprehensive sources of compensation and benefits data.

haygroup.com

For a table of the rankings

Edited by Mid