Asking expats about LGBT people

georgegeorgia

Just now, HarrySeaman said:

Fortunately most expats think that anyone who is LGBTQIA+ is just another person and accept them or not depending on their personality.

Thailand isn't a perfect paradise for LGBTQIA+, but is one Hell of a lot better than most countries.

If you don't like being in a country like Thailand, where  LGBTQIA+ people are accepted, then I suggest you find another country to live in.

What is I and A?

Without knowing the OP and his partner, I would be slightly concrerned about the extroverted personality.

I have no qualms or disdain for anyone in the LGBTQ community. I have friends and family that are LGBTQ.

What I don't agree with, I know many others who agree with me including those with in the LGBTQ community, is the promotion of the community from those within it.

PRIDE marches, wearing rainbow hats or t-shirts, flying the PRIDE flag. Calling for, not equal rights but, more rights.

If the OP wants to tell everyone he is gay, how proud he is to be gay, how he has gay rights, etc, he may have problems.

If he keeps his private life to himself, as most of us do as we never see "Proud to be straight" or "Proud to be married to a woman" marches, I'm sure he'll be fine.

The creation of sub communities is what's causing the animosity, in my opinion. If we all accepted we were different, accepted others were different but lived together without expressing ourselves as different, the world would be a happier place.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Without knowing the OP and his partner, I would be slightly concrerned about the extroverted personality.

I have no qualms or disdain for anyone in the LGBTQ community. I have friends and family that are LGBTQ.

What I don't agree with, I know many others who agree with me including those with in the LGBTQ community, is the promotion of the community from those within it.

PRIDE marches, wearing rainbow hats or t-shirts, flying the PRIDE flag. Calling for, not equal rights but, more rights.

If the OP wants to tell everyone he is gay, how proud he is to be gay, how he has gay rights, etc, he may have problems.

If he keeps his private life to himself, as most of us do as we never see "Proud to be straight" or "Proud to be married to a woman" marches, I'm sure he'll be fine.

The creation of sub communities is what's causing the animosity, in my opinion. If we all accepted we were different, accepted others were different but lived together without expressing ourselves as different, the world would be a happier place.

Im proud to like curry

Yes unfortunately I'm a introvert, but some people like Kevin do go to these expats clubs meetings .....but Udon is not Pattaya!

The expats would not be the same , ( my assumption)so you see Kevin turning up at a Isaan Expats Club meeting with his floral shirt , holding hands with his Thai boyfriend, the thing he doesn't do and I have spoke openly to him about is kiss his BF in public 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

I don't like that , I don't even like watching straight couples kiss in front of me !!!

But my perception is ,unlike Pattaya expats is , Isaan Expats would be more "conservative" , is that the word?

I remember him saying he went to a expat community in Duamagette Philippines and he bumped into American Bible thumping expats there !😂

Edited by georgegeorgia

21 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes unfortunately I'm a introvert, but some people like Kevin do go to these expats clubs meetings .....but Udon is not Pattaya!

The expats would not be the same , ( my assumption)so you see Kevin turning up at a Isaan Expats Club meeting with his floral shirt , holding hands with his Thai boyfriend, the thing he doesn't do and I have spoke openly to him about is kiss his BF in public 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

I don't like that , I don't even like watching straight couples kiss in front of me !!!

But my perception is ,unlike Pattaya expats is , Isaan Expats would be more "conservative" , is that the word?

I remember him saying he went to a expat community in Duamagette Philippines and he bumped into American Bible thumping expats there !😂

His business. Why do you care? Do you love Kevin?

14 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I was reading another Udon Thani forum a few years ago and the expats seemed to be a bit homophobic but I'm going back 20 years ago ,it's probably changed in Udon Thani nowadays 

I wonder if Isaan cities have gay farangs?

I know of some living up there, so at least a few. They seems to have been fully accepted.

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Most farangs are white.

All farangs are white.

The word farang comes from the word Francais and Thais only use 'farang' to describe white people. 

But, I suppose what I was asking was,  why you said white people are grumpy. Seems like a bit of a racist thing to say.

2 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

All farangs are white.

The word farang comes from the word Francais and Thais only use 'farang' to describe white people. 

But, I suppose what I was asking was,  why you said white people are grumpy. Seems like a bit of a racist thing to say.

Farangs can be black. See dum farang.

Most farangs are white. Most grumpy farangs are old white men.

Most white people are also racist so I don't know why you play the race card.

11 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

All farangs are white.

Actually, it's far more likely the word "Farang" comes from the Persian word "Farangi". The name given to the Francs during their crusades.

The first recorded Farang in Thailand were the Portuguese. 

To say the word "Farang" comes from "Francais" would be a quite few hundred years out of date.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bignok said:

Farangs can be black. See dum farang.

Most farangs are white. Most grumpy farangs are old white men.

Most white people are also racist so I don't know why you play the race card.

Farangs are white. It's a word meaning white foreigners. Could even go as far to say White Europeans as the word likely dates back to the Crusades.

Adding "Dam/Dum" changes the meaning to "Black Farang".

Just now, Baht Simpson said:

It's one thing talking about someone's personal affairs if they remain anonymous, another if they're named on a public forum.

He is openly gay. Kevin is just a first name.

Are Udon trolls reading this?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nickmondo said:

what he does in private is up to him

personally, cant stand the LBGT, or whatever it is called..........no need for it at all.

do what you want with like minded people, i dont need to hear or see it

Too much Soy products in Thailand too much Estrogen 

• Like 1