Asking expats about LGBT people

georgegeorgia

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

His being an Aussie will probably be more offensive to most than his being homosexual!     

I'm kidding, of course...Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ wasn't an aussie, for a good reason, JC never existed. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Without knowing the OP and his partner, I would be slightly concrerned about the extroverted personality.

I have no qualms or disdain for anyone in the LGBTQ community. I have friends and family that are LGBTQ.

What I don't agree with, I know many others who agree with me including those with in the LGBTQ community, is the promotion of the community from those within it.

PRIDE marches, wearing rainbow hats or t-shirts, flying the PRIDE flag. Calling for, not equal rights but, more rights.

If the OP wants to tell everyone he is gay, how proud he is to be gay, how he has gay rights, etc, he may have problems.

If he keeps his private life to himself, as most of us do as we never see "Proud to be straight" or "Proud to be married to a woman" marches, I'm sure he'll be fine.

The creation of sub communities is what's causing the animosity, in my opinion. If we all accepted we were different, accepted others were different but lived together without expressing ourselves as different, the world would be a happier place.

Surer words have never been said, and this especially relates to the transgender community and the 50 other designations that have been legally accepted by politically weak areas like California. 

You are pansexual? Do your thing, we just don't care! 

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Surer words have never been said, and this especially relates to the transgender community and the 50 other designations that have been legally accepted by politically weak areas like California. 

You are pansexual? Do your thing, we just don't care! 

The comment about California is not relevant to this discussion.  

Across the world there's thousands of gay / bi / trans etc., men and women who have contributed strongly to th their communities / their countries / to humanity.

Let's not forget there's millions of gay / bi etc., men and women who have never revealed in any way their sexual prefences and they they don't need to. 

• Sad 1

On 11/8/2023 at 12:11 AM, georgegeorgia said:

I was reading another Udon Thani forum a few years ago and the expats seemed to be a bit homophobic but I'm going back 20 years ago ,it's probably changed in Udon Thani nowadays 

I wonder if Isaan cities have gay farangs?

Why sling the term "homophobic" around? 

I've found nobody who is fearful of gays (outside of prison walls) but I've known plenty who found the lifestyle repugnant.    Isn't that their right?   

I've known plenty of gay men over the years and more than a few were "heterophobic" .  They called us "breeders" and were repelled at the thought of getting anywhere near a quim.  That's also their right. 

What I found about gay men is that it doesn't take long for them to start yapping about their sexual practices and extreme promiscuity.  I don't want to hear that from anyone, gay or straight.  

Can't we just make it about the content of someone's character?

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

What I found about gay men is that it doesn't take long for them to start yapping about their sexual practices and extreme promiscuity.  I don't want to hear that from anyone, gay or straight.  

How do you know guys you've met, that don't yap, are not gay?

I think is the usual rule of life. A minority have to let people know about how they lead a different life, spoiling it for others who are happy to live life their way but not shout from the rooftops, or an open top bus in the case of a PRIDE day I recently witnessed in UK.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, FarAway said:

I dislike homosexuals and transexuals. It is abnormal and if just ONE of your ancestors would have been homosexual or transexual, you wouldn't be alive. And I certainly do not want kids to see things like that and think its normal, it is utterly awful for their development.

dinosaur parking is out back. please see attendant for your ticket. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

dinosaur parking is out back. please see attendant for your ticket. 

Great to see that you have no point in an argument despite ad hominem, so actually proofing my point because there is just no rational argument against what I said.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, FarAway said:

Great to see that you have no point in an argument despite ad hominem, so actually proofing my point because there is just no rational argument against what I said.

what you said is irrational and out of touch. on you go now.