ED visa without cancellation and come with Non-B visa to Thailand

Around one year ago, I completed my university studies in Thailand and left the country with my ED visa canceled. Subsequently, I secured a job opportunity and returned to Thailand with a Non-B visa. Recently, when I visited the immigration office to apply for a visa extension, I was informed that I needed to cancel my expired ED visa, which expired in December 2022, as per the stamp in my passport.

32 minutes ago, Yee Mon Thant said:

I was informed that I needed to cancel my expired ED visa, which expired in December 2022, as per the stamp in my passport.

So why don't you just do what they asked you to?  That will almost certainly be easier than disagreeing with the IO about what should be done.

If you really did cancel it you should have a letter so stating and a stamp in your PP showing it was cancelled.  Do you have those things?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yee Mon Thant said:

Sorry! My bad.

I left the country without cancellation ED visa.

You'll need to go back to your school to get a letter which confirms when your studies ended.

Then you'll need to take this letter to the immigration office that gave you your extension based on studying, to have it canceled. It doesn't matter that it has expired in the meantime anyway. With a bit of "luck", they might even fine you for what they consider a technical overstay. If you think that's nonsensical because you actually left the country on time, you're not wrong, but you will pay anyway.

You don't need to cancel an ED visa. And as you said, yours is already expired on December 2022. I've got an expired ED visa in my passport from 2014 that has never ever been cancelled, and I've come back to Thailand sooooooooo many times since 2014 on other type of visas since then.

Edited by bbi1