Sales tax refund process

it is what it is

Get a VAT receipt when you buy the camera. I imagine a back-street place doesn't do it but the "higher-end" should. THEN, when you go through immigration there should be a place to reclaim it (I think in BKK it is outside immigration but this was a long time ago). It was sign-posted VAT Refubd. Take the article and the receipt and claim your refund there. In CNX it is (or was) in the international departure lounge. Google it - like I did - look for sign in the shop saying VAT refund for Tourists.

Edited by nglodnig
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

This is the key, you have to actually be a tourist.

Tourist Visa or Visa Exempt only, yes they do check.

https://www.tourismthailand.org/Articles/plan-your-trip-vat-tax-refund

That may be what they say but in practice no. I exited Thailand in May with a Retirement extension and re entry permit. Presented the form, passport and the product to the desk at BKK (Far right in entrance hall) and they stamped the form. Once airside went to the VAT refund desk and was paid out in full.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, jimn said:

That may be what they say but in practice no. I exited Thailand in May with a Retirement extension and re entry permit. Presented the form, passport and the product to the desk at BKK (Far right in entrance hall) and they stamped the form. Once airside went to the VAT refund desk and was paid out in full.

Yeah, as always TiT :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimn said:

Is your domicile Thailand?