I picked up a stray kitten and the surgery fee will cost 10000 baht

Epidote

52 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

To The OP.

You can try in Chiang Mai :

Santisook Dog and Cat Rescue 

66 81 638 2105

That is the only place I found when I researched it.  They open 9:30 am

Unfortunately Santisook is itself in need of financial support for multiple medical needs.  Food is not the major issue - getting medical issues treated is very expensive.  Unless medical issues are forced to be ignored, they in fact dwarfs the other issues.

17 minutes ago, Skeety65 said:

My advice would be to take the kitten to Dr Kwanchai in Bangaray.

This vet runs the animal army group that helps many stray dogs and cats. He won’t be able to take the kitten as he has too many already but he will give treatment at a very low price.

I’ve dealt with him many times and he’s a very kind man so you won’t get ripped off. 

‘’tel 085 0935954

Could you explain where bangaray is, thanks. 

I googled it without result, and don't want to phone/bother Dr Kwanchai needlessly since I'm sure he is busy.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jimn said:

Go back to sleep then. I wake up 5 or more times a night. If I got up every time I wake up I would never get any sleep.

Yeah, I try.

Brain is in work mode... no dice falling back to sleep unless I swallow a few Xanax pills.

1 hour ago, OneZero said:

Could you explain where bangaray is, thanks. 

I googled it without result, and don't want to phone/bother Dr Kwanchai needlessly since I'm sure he is busy.

I reckon he meant Bang Saray

Edited by Ralf001

On 11/12/2023 at 1:15 PM, xylophone said:

You echo my sentiments, as well as adding to the fact that I don't like cats anyway.

There are a couple of cats near my apartment, which cause a hell of a racket in the early hours of the morning, and the owner of this little apartment block hates them with a vengeance and if he had the chance, would kill them. They won't be missed.

Feral cats have damaged my car for the 3RD TIME last night. Our soi is full of them, there must be at least 12. The neighbours keep feeding them. The issue is as follows; FEMALE Cat on heat, Climbs under the bonnet of my car, and sits on top of the engine. (Misubishi Xpander BTW) TOM CATS come and try to get at the FEMALE . This is just one image to show the sort of damage. I have now threatened to kill the bastards, but the Mrs says the Police would get involved and I would be arrested. I am thinking of having a "Sump Guard" of sorts to stop them getting in?? Any ideas on preventing them?? Mrs keeps putting "mothballs" down , but it aint working. I bought an electric Cat deterrent device from Lazada, but sent it back when a cat looked at it and walked past it , Useless.

Could contain:

32 minutes ago, Al BB said:

Feral cats have damaged my car for the 3RD TIME last night. Our soi is full of them, there must be at least 12. The neighbours keep feeding them. The issue is as follows; FEMALE Cat on heat, Climbs under the bonnet of my car, and sits on top of the engine. (Misubishi Xpander BTW) TOM CATS come and try to get at the FEMALE . This is just one image to show the sort of damage. I have now threatened to kill the bastards, but the Mrs says the Police would get involved and I would be arrested. I am thinking of having a "Sump Guard" of sorts to stop them getting in?? Any ideas on preventing them?? Mrs keeps putting "mothballs" down , but it aint working. I bought an electric Cat deterrent device from Lazada, but sent it back when a cat looked at it and walked past it , Useless.

Could contain:

Get a dog?

24 minutes ago, TINGLI said:

The animal doktor in thailand more expensive the doktor from pattaya hospital. I had have 2 dogs - the cost me about over 2 Million Baht.

(in 14  year)

You need to find a vet who isn't milking you like a goat.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/12/2023 at 3:44 PM, Epidote said:

Just a short update, thank you everyone here trying to help. Wish all of you have a great day.

I've sent the cat to do the surgery and the vet thinks she probably would live. They give me a price which is not as high as I thought, but I've not seen the final bill now.

The lady from Adopt Meow gives me some useful information and recommends vet clinics. Thank you.

I am not a cat person~ at least since I was not able to help my own cat. I may try to find someone to adopt this kitten after she recovers, but she is a tortoiseshell cat which makes the adoption hard too. Please let me know if anyone wants a kitten.  She is very sweet, I never see she bites or scratches anyone, even my noisy kids. I have to say she is sweeter than my own cat who loves slapping me.

I mean, it is hard to see something dying in front of you and you know you can help, but you just don't.  

So you did contact Adopt Meow. Excellent.  They may be able to help you find a home for the kitten as well if you have paid for the vet bills.  They are good people.  Compassionate and a worthy charitable contribution. 

Edited by connda

On 11/12/2023 at 3:44 PM, Epidote said:

I am not a cat person~ at least since I was not able to help my own cat. I may try to find someone to adopt this kitten after she recovers, but she is a tortoiseshell cat which makes the adoption hard too.

A lot of people love torties.  I love torties.  Can't take a kitten in now or I'd consider it.  I have one cat who has feline HIV and feline leukemia. I can't bring another cat into the family at this time.  I unfortunately need to remain a one-cat-family although in the past I've had upwards of six at a time.  Trust me - many people really like tortoiseshell cats. You'll find a home.  Stay in touch with Adopt Meow.  You should be able to re-home a kitten.
And thank you for taking care of this kitten.  That is very compassionate.  :heart_001:  You're a good person.

IMG20220410182806.thumb.jpg.ab8dac51000abcbaa2cd5a22dc0deed1.jpg

• Like 2

or you care for an animal or not?! If the kitten was healthy you would keep her but now when she need help and it will cost you money suddenly the love is over.

Say all about you to me.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Foexie said:

or you care for an animal or not?! If the kitten was healthy you would keep her but now when she need help and it will cost you money suddenly the love is over.

Say all about you to me.

I think it's your post that says all about you.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Foexie said:

Say all about you to me.

Where do you people with toxic attitudes come from. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 5 weeks later...

Same thing almost. Sorry little thing in our back garden for a day or two but had a collar so posted on the local Moo Baan LINE group but no response so took her to the vets. She had bacterial and viral infections, conjunctivitis rhino sinusitis and jus about everything. Despite the collar the vet she had never been vaccinated. She is still under treatment at the vets, day 5 but now improving rapidly. She will be given the required vaccinations and spayed when well enough.

Unlikely we will keep her although she is a real cute young Siamese-ish and seems loving and playful despite her illnesses. Not really cat people and age is also a factor.

Will look for a good home for her soon, maybe try the ladies at adopt meow Ch.

• Thumbs Up 2