M1 MacBookAir repair

Somnambulist

I got my MacBookAir to come back this way;

"Unplug the laptop from the charger and peripherals. Hold down Shift + Control + Option and the power button for ten seconds. Let go of all keys and reconnect the charger. Then, press the power button to boot your laptop."

29 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

"Unplug the laptop from the charger and peripherals. Hold down Shift + Control + Option and the power button for ten seconds. Let go of all keys and reconnect the charger. Then, press the power button to boot your laptop."

Or put it in the oven on number 5 for 45 minutes. That will fix it..........................or melt it.

Not sure where you are, but if in Bangkok, I'd recommend Amarin Plaza Apple repair center, or Apple Store at Central World. Not terribly likely they would fix it there, most of their stuff was (at least used to) be sent to Singapore, but that might have changed by now. Amarin would often call you back a few days later and just give you a new one, if the old one was of perfect external shape (no dents, cracks, scratches, etc).

I've only had battery replaced at Apple Store, and that was 3 hours wait to get it finished. In case of repair, all data will be gone, as wiping it would be part of the repair process, or if new one, obviously it won't have old data.

If you're anywhere else, I've no idea. Apologies.

7 hours ago, GypsyT said:

I gave that a try a couple of hours ago and so far, so good. Many thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Good!

When I had that problem couple of times I investigated why and the reason was battery inside got pinched and it shorted out. That causes laptop to over heat and shut off.

There are reports of this.

Now I be sure cooling air vent is on clear area and I only use my laptop max 1h at time if in hot room. And be sure I don't pack it tight so it doesn't get pinched more.

So far, about 2 years, no more shut off problems.