Carabao beer in Pattaya?

mell

Has anyone seen or bought the new Carabao beer anywhere in Pattaya etc? And what did you think of the taste compared to other Thai beers? I know it has some German connection so I'm hoping it tastes good especially the lager.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Saw the lager in Lotus, Phitsanulok @ Bht 60 for 020 ml. Cheers is Bht 50, Federbrau is Bht 52.

It was after 2 o clock but next time I shall buy one of each to imbibe next weekend when City play Liverpool ! 

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

I bought a couple of cans of Lager and Dunkel. There was only one big bottle on the shelf so they must have been popular but they had 12 can flats of both types.

First impression.

I poured a beer into a glass. It fizzed like cola but there was no head. I’m not a chemist or a brewer so I can say why there is no head. OK for me as I get rid of the head on all other beers I drink.

Lager. Passable but had a bit of a lingering aftertaste. I won’t be changing to that.

Dunkel. Also no head and I preferred it to the lager as it doesn’t have the aftertaste.

I don’t buy beer to drink at home and when out I am forced by my local establishments to drink Leo as I don’t like Chang.

However there is one place where I can get my favourite which is Tiger and another where I drink Asahi.

where in Pattaya sold Dunkel cans?

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Saw the lager in Lotus, Phitsanulok @ Bht 60 for 020 ml. Cheers is Bht 50, Federbrau is Bht 52.

It was after 2 o clock but next time I shall buy one of each to imbibe next weekend when City play Liverpool ! 

Wont be untill weekend after next, its the dreaded international break now for 2 weeks, amazing game last night

37 minutes ago, stewartsmile said:

Wont be untill weekend after next, its the dreaded international break now for 2 weeks, amazing game last night

You are correct. So with whom must I test this catpiss?

OK, Boddies and Robbies spring to mind, but there are 144 breweries in the Mcr area alone.

Chang, Singha and ????????????????????????

Edited by KannikaP

Just finished my first Dunkel and all I have to say is.

I like beer, it helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mellow.
Whiskey's too rough, Champagne costs too much, vodka puts my mouth in gear
This little refrain should help me explain as a matter of fact I like beer.

Tried the dark beer in the bottle and found it not bad.  Then I had a lager in a can and it had a really strong after taste either from the hops, malt or the brewing procedure.  Had a hard time finishing the can.  won't be buying it again.  Disappointed!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, rwill said:

The beer is made by Tawandang.  They have some places in Bangkok.  They craft their own beer.

Tried the Tawandang weizen tonight and it's only the second alcoholic drink I've ever thrown down the drain after one sip (the other was Sato). The carabao lager was drinkable but lacking flavour. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have a carabao beer for a week, then yesterday and the day before I had again 1 large bottle of dunkel.

It was nightmares again both nights, and difficult to wake up. not a hangover, but some heavy feeling.

Although I like the beer, I will not buy it again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1