Crazy biker maneuvers or habits you see in Thailand

scubascuba3

Most Thais began there motorcycle experiance as a baby and time they are 12 years old know very well how to ride them .

Problem is that they are not taught how to abide by basic road rules . Instead follow what there parents done as they are sitting on the front of the motorcycle .

The worst of the worst are the delivery drivers . Had one run into me recently . He was of course reading the phone .

Something needs to be done about them urgently .

• Agree 1

'Passing when the way ahead is not clear...'

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that passing on a blind curve or at the crest of a hill can be more than just dangerous. It's a flat-out admission of stupidity, and we see it every single day on Thai roads.

'Cutting inside of a turning vehicle.'  I've stopped worrying about this one. If I'm making a turn, have my directional signals on, and I'm far enough over so anyone behind me knows I'm turning, yet some idiot thinks it's OK to cut inside my turn, he's not my problem at that point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Or worse, undertake on the left when i am signalling and about to turn left.

That is exactly what happened to me luckily she hit my front wheel tyre as I was already turning, she came off a few yards ahead, I got out to look at any damage, she was back up on her bike and zoomed of into the distance, that was the day I brought my dash cam.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Turning left at a T-Junction without so much as a glance to the right for oncoming traffic.

41 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Or worse, undertake on the left when i am signalling and about to turn left.

40 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Driving a car waiting to turn right at a T junction (small single lane road), and as you pull out they come from behind turning right directly in front of you. 

Probably my favorite pet peeves which happen daily.

• Agree 1