How to Bring Your Own whiskey bottle to Thai music pubs?

henrik2000

Hi all, thanks for some recommendations including Regency and Red Label / 100 Pipers.

I just remembered that also the Thais sometimes drink neat. They send mini glasses of whiskey to the musicians on stage (sometimes accompanied by one hundred THB and or song requests) and for special toasts they also drink neat from these mini glasses at the table.

By the way, one singer once told me that he could easily drink 12 - 15 mini glasses of liquer per night on stage without even forgetting a single line of text, let alone falling off stage. I don't know if it is true or just a show off of manliness. Also I always wondered if these musicians sometimes fake drinking all the brandy sent up stage.

Edited by henrik2000

Probably differs by venue whether anyone cares. The more pricey the place is the more they would probably not like it.

Get a gentleman's flask that fits in your pocket and just spike the mixer. You don't need to be walking around with an entire bottle anyway. Nobody will see it or care. If they do just go somewhere else.

Otherwise, just show the server or door staff the bottle when you order or enter. They will know what you mean. I think some places charge a service fee to bring your own bottle.

Edited by JimTripper