Chinese police patrols plan dumped by ministers quickly after public backlash threatened to erupt

webfact

20 hours ago, Artisi said:

Just another about-face.

When will these idiots learn to engage brain before opening mouth? 

I think there's so many politicians in parliament that they have to come up with ideas to make themselves seem useful, it's amazing phenomenon world wide every govt is full of these people, most of them are egotists and many are dangerous. 

20 hours ago, Arthur Mullard said:

With respect nobody has grasped what I believe this is about, understandably. It's not connected IMO with the police stations as an earlier poster commented. The report seems to read that the TAT Governor made the proposal in light of falling tourism (therefore her/his attempt to rectify it) and here's the key bit "...following discussion in China with tour groups" - which tells you everything about how the world outside the borders of a largely cut-off country culturally, and 'inter-connectedly', sees the free world, eg Thailand. Also how rife poorly informed online gossip floods their social media about how bad this country is.... how unsafe that country is... whether Thailand, USA, Laos, the UK.... an utterly cosseted people. The TAT Gov has clearly been cajoled into thinking of ways to extend the nanny state into the freer world, 'so that tour groups will feel safer'.... as Roger Waters put it..... "PATHetic".

.... quite what the confusion is according to one person is beyond me - unless he doesn't know who Roger Waters is most likely.