Decaf Cappuccino

sirineou

I love my Cappuccino coffee in the morning ( you know the kind instant kind in a small pouch) 

I can hear it now from the coffee snobs,,

Please don't hate me ' cause I am beautiful !

I yam what I yam and what i yam is certainly not Popeye the sailor  man , but someone who does not have time or the inclination to make "Real" coffee in the morning .

Anyway , as I said I like my coffee in the morning , and I like it to be Cappuccino, 'cause I am a sophisticated man. 

But after drinking it, it seems my Blood pressure  shoots up to 150/92 ans since I hate it when I die, I thought I would try Decaf Cappuccino.

But I don't seem to be able to find any. I really did looked ,

So if any of the other beautiful people, and even some that are not, (you know who you are) , would be kind enough to tell me where I could find some. 

I would fake sincerity and pretend to be thankful.  :smile:

• Sad 1

Have you tried the 'espresso' 3/1s, as they have sugar & creamer in them.  Begs to ask, how sold as 'espresso'.  They do come in decaf.   Not decaf fan, but I like the Moccona Trio (green) espresso 3/1, and that basically tastes like a Cappuccino.  Definitely not expresso or even an Americano.  I think they offer a decaf version.

Birdy, Buddy Dean & Super are decent brands also.

Anything but Nescafe.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Have you tried the 'espresso' 3/1s, as they have sugar & creamer in them. 

there's probably some crap chemicals in those 3 in 1 things. i wouldn't drink that every day. 

you can get plain instant coffee. the better brands are decent if you're too lazy to make real coffee.

but how lazy do you have to be to not add your own cream?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

there's probably some crap chemicals in those 3 in 1 things. i wouldn't drink that every day. 

you can get plain instant coffee. the better brands are decent if you're too lazy to make real coffee.

brother you don't know the half of it. 

When I wake up, I am basically useless until I have my coffee . Now I realise that switching to decaf, might be defeating the purpose, but I am hoping on the placebo effect to get me hopping 

See what I did there? Hoping/hopping! :cheesy: I kill me :cheesy:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Agree, Decafe coffee out here is as rare as Hens Teeth. Have seen the 1 odd jar in Big-C, Lotus or Tops@Central of instant coffee, but price is astronomical. 

Did buy a jar from M&S in HK recently to sustain my morning fix, can't remember the price, but was the same as the M&S normal instant.

Friendship Supermarket by TukCom might be a go, else know anyone flying in from Blighty or beyond might be the idea?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RayWright said:

Agree, Decafe coffee out here is as rare as Hens Teeth. Have seen the 1 odd jar in Big-C, Lotus or Tops@Central of instant coffee, but price is astronomical. 

Did buy a jar from M&S in HK recently to sustain my morning fix, can't remember the price, but was the same as the M&S normal instant.

Friendship Supermarket by TukCom might be a go, else know anyone flying in from Blighty or beyond might be the idea?

Heading to the states for Christmas next month

certainly another thing to add to the list of things to bring over

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

Brew my own everyday at home.

Usually drink the 3/1 when on the road, away from the house.  Even then, I usually prefer a coffee shop, if convenient.  Use to take my coffee fixins with me.   Getting lazy though.

image.png.5d458739a3ee98397a26e8cc5d5bab47.png

Could contain:

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Usually drink the 3/1 when on the road, away from the house.  Even then, I usually prefer a coffee shop, if convenient.  Use to take my coffee fixins with me.   Getting lazy though.

Nice kit. 

I love Moka Pots. Great invention. Apart from the fact that they rust or whatever happens in the lower compartment. Can't be bothered to maintain those things. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Brew my own everyday at home.

where did you get that snazzy lighter gun?

Me like!! 

11 minutes ago, sirineou said:

where did you get that snazzy lighter gun?

Me like!! 

Either Daiso shop or LAZ.  Works excellent and had if for a few years.  I'll check my LAZ history & update if I see it.  

Didn't see it in LAX or Shopee history.   So guessing Daiso shop, or HomePro or Global House, as only place I can think of buying at.

Edited by KhunLA

6 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Lazada has decaf coffee. So does the Indochina market at Mukdahan. :)

Thank you for that. but IMO it tastes like cap .

I like cappuccino  

and by the way , what's width all the double letters in coffee related products? could one of the effects of caffeine , is to induce stuttering ? (Coffee, caffeine , Cappuccino )

Inquiring minds want to know. :smile:

Update :

I learn something new a couple of days ago. I wanted to say "Today" but nooo, nothing new today.

Anyway , I learn I can make my own Cappuccino , with decaf instant coffee. (I found at top's)

In your coffee cup pot a spoonful of  instant coffee, sugar to taste, and enough water to make a slurry.

Nit noy nam!!

Heat the milk (Full fat) but don't boil . Then you can either use a wisk mixer, or you can put the milk in a jar and shake it vigorously until frothy. pour most milk in your decaf slurry and lightly mix.

Them if you like you can use the remaining milk to make one of these fancy latte  designs I am not very good with the designs, but then again I don't look at my coffee so who cares.

The method makes a surprisingly good Cappuccino. 

Edited by sirineou

12 hours ago, sirineou said:

. Then you can either use a wisk mixer, or you can put the milk in a jar and shake it vigorously

I just use whole milk (DutchMill), about 100ml/gr in microwave for 30-40 seconds, and use a milk frother.  Really inexpensive at Daiso or on LAZ ... <100 baht.  Works a treat.

Edited by KhunLA

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 9:26 AM, KhunLA said:

Anything but Nescafe.

I had to find this tread and reply to the above. 

I Found the Moccona  at Top's and it was pretty good, then I was surfing on Lazada  and I saw decaf Nescafe and just to try it I ordered some.

Brother you were right , I  cant believe they call that crap coffee!  and to think they are the top selling brand out there?

Edited by sirineou
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

I had to find this tread and reply to the above. 

I Found the Moccona  at Top's and it was pretty good, then I was surfing on Lazada  and I saw decaf Nescafe and just to try it I ordered some.

Brother you were right , I  cant believe they call that crap coffee!  and to think they are the top selling brand out there?

:laugh:  that stuff is just vile ... agree, and amazed it seems to be top seller, and usually the one offered at hotels when supplied in rooms :coffee1:  Wonder if they get a major discount, or people just don't drink it, and they save money that way.

Moccona

Buddy Dean

Super

at least they resemble the taste of coffee

• Like 1