Sky’s the limit: Nine new airlines on board for Thailand aviation recovery

webfact

image.jpeg

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) announced the registration of nine new airlines to bolster the aviation industry’s recovery. The authority remains confident that passenger traffic will reach 127 million this year, forecasting a significant recovery this year.

The Director of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand, Suttipong Kongpool, stated that Thailand’s aviation industry is on a steady path to recovery. This is evident not only from the increase in passenger travel but also from the resurgence of aviation operators.

This year, nine new operators have applied for Civil Aviation Business Licences, and they are currently preparing to apply for an Air Operator Certificate (AOC) to continue providing commercial services.

Among the nine airlines registering for the new license is Asian Aerospace Services Ltd, which was granted permission to operate non-scheduled flights from October 16, 2021, to October 15, 2024.

by Nattapong Westwood 

Photo: Freepik

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-11-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Just started to ride Nakhon Chai Air Coaches instead of flying from Buriram to Bangkok. Takes 90 minutes more from door to door, but is a quarter of the price and offers a much more sensible timetable. Airasia will be for Regional International flights from now on.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Just started to ride Nakhon Chai Air Coaches instead of flying from Buriram to Bangkok. Takes 90 minutes more from door to door, but is a quarter of the price and offers a much more sensible timetable. Airasia will be for Regional International flights from now on.

Prasat is my town and it is 1hr 45 minutes drive to Buriram airport. 40 minute flight to Don Muaeng airport , as well you know .  I have done the coach and taxi journeys at 6 hours which are tiring . OK the flights seem to be getting more expensive but remain my preferred mode of travelling that route . Just hoping that with all the new large development at Buriram airport , it will bring maybe international flights to at least the middle east where a European connection can be had . Also provincial flights from Buriram without going to Bangkok airports would be great . Finally I have never had a good journey with Nakhon Chai air coaches . Their gold class are like school buses and the V.I.P. coach that I took from Pattaya , was rough and shoddy and may have been V.I.P. 10 years before . If using coaches from my area I use and recommend , Sombat Tour . Modern fleet , clean , comfortable and 2 safe drivers on long trips .