Don Mueang flight carrying Thai singer makes emergency landing after engine explosion

webfact

3 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Your image (above) shows a four engined aircraft whilst, according to the linked report, the subject aircraft had a problem with THE engine meaning it had only one. Further on, it states it was the Right engine meaning the plane was twin engined. 😀

Is that NOT The Logo of Iran Air ??

7 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Easy, if you are a regular flyer from DMK (like I was). Take a look at the uniform of the cabin stewardess alongside the flight officer - identical to these:

I will not name the airline but it may have "roaring" success!

image.png.e0cfc0e163fd9a5e9c4fd31bb5bcd6ad.png

lol  -  Over fifty years ago they stopped calling the cabin crew Stewardess.    Flight Attendants.  

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MrMo said:

It would appear that would not be a newsworthy item in Thailand, or any other country come to that, had not a superstar, politician, musician, sports media personality or any other been involved.

Only if you restrict your news source to AN and you don't read the Bangkok Post.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

It was a scary experience no doubt.  But how many passengers were on that flight?  A handful?  Because half of the passengers vomiting and fainting is a bit much.  It was an engine failure.  The plane didn’t suddenly drop altitude.  Or the cabin didn’t decompress. 
The pilot shut down the engine.  Then turned the plane back to the airport. Doesn’t say the type of aircraft.  But an airliner can fly on one engine if necessary. If half of the passengers became ill or fainted.  I would think it would be mentioned how medical personnel met the plane to treat all those passengers. 

3 hours ago, Suetape said:

lol  -  Over fifty years ago they stopped calling the cabin crew Stewardess.    Flight Attendants.  

My apologies. Well I shall be 80 in 2 months time. Imperial Airways (UK) with its "flying boats" had stewardesses

image.png.362d268fa05ecaf4b8fe097277768164.png

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

14 hours ago, Bantex said:

The picture at the top of this post showing the blown engine is actually a picture of an Air France Airbus A380 and they have just cropped photo enough as to not show the Air France logo on the inside engine.E9AB17D5-8493-4625-AEAB-20ABA4D0AE6E.thumb.jpeg.4d4e303869c29e8053b74627076e8f04.jpeg

Yes, this photo had me baffled. 

Domestic flight from DMK, aeroplane with 4 engines. 

Nope