SSDI and taxes

Forgive me but even after reading a lot I get confused... so my SSDI or any direct deposit in 2024 will get taxed? I can do something with 800k?

Can't I just use my USA account and bank app and debit card and atm? Can't I just bitcoin my money in?

On SSDI I make so little I am not taxed in USA. I sure can't lose 25% to Thai taxes.

46 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

Forgive me but even after reading a lot I get confused...

The reason you are confused is because nobody knows.  Lots of people have an opinion.  But it hasn't happened so no-one knows what the implementation will actually be.  So go back to the other threads and freak out with the people there :smile:

Can they find your money?  Yeah, if you have a visa, they can just make it part of the visa process.  Already is for retirement visa.  Will they?  See above.

Will you be affected if you make less than the taxable amount in the U.S.?  See above.  If you really want to know as much as possible, read the dual taxation agreements in detail.  But mostly...nobody knows.

Edited by QuantumQuandry

8 hours ago, QuantumQuandry said:

The reason you are confused is because nobody knows.  Lots of people have an opinion.  But it hasn't happened so no-one knows what the implementation will actually be.  So go back to the other threads and freak out with the people there :smile:

Can they find your money?  Yeah, if you have a visa, they can just make it part of the visa process.  Already is for retirement visa.  Will they?  See above.

Will you be affected if you make less than the taxable amount in the U.S.?  See above.  If you really want to know as much as possible, read the dual taxation agreements in detail.  But mostly...nobody knows.

I feel this is more than a visa. Any law about income is already attached to banking. The bank knows I am a foregnr and that I get direct deposits. Banks will be requites to take it out of the deposit. If the new law is put in effect, it is quite simple for them, simple a database query. 

Sheryl, the global moderator, read the tax treaty and says only private pensions are taxable. Rigght now I have SSDI sent as a type of direct deposit where I do not need to go to the bank every month. If I switch it to SS directly depositing theywill know it is SS is my theory

FYI went to BKB at Paragon today. Just ask for a credit report (IE Deposits report) and will detail that the deposit came from Social Security Administration. They will then attach a certified letter to that for us to use either at immigration or taxation