Does your wife/partner work

poppysdad

No. No need. And salaries here are a freaking joke. Works as a housewife...shops, cooks, cleans and takes care of me. That's work enough. I pay for everything + a generous monthly allowance. Much better deal for everyone. She's making my coffee now haha. :coffee1:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

No. No need. And salaries here are a freaking joke. Works as a housewife...shops, cooks, cleans and takes care of me. That's work enough. I pay for everything + a generous monthly allowance. Much better deal for everyone. She's making my coffee now haha. :coffee1:

You can't make your own coffee?

What kind of man does not make his own coffee?

Does she also wipe your bum?

Edited by Celsius
  • Confused 2

My wife is a teacher at a local international school and has been for 18 years. In two years time she has to retire from her job due to her age, but at the moment seems to enjoy cooking after her return from work each day, but she sometimes picks up some noodles on the way home. I'm now 70 and enjoy driving out to rural locations with the retired dog to fly my drone and take photos, I also enjoy amateur photography with the few cameras I have. I stay away from malls unless with my wife and generally travel in the opposite direction to our small city centre which is currently full of tourists. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I hardly see my wife, She will bring me a coffee in the morning while I'm on here, she has her own shop, goes to work around 8am sometimes earlier if she has work/customers waiting, runs 3 different business from her shop, repairs clothes/makes items for resorts, beauty salon, sells junk food to kids after school, and sells produce from 'our' land has a drink at her shop after (only 1 klm away), sometimes I'm asleep before she gets home, even when she comes home early, she watches TV in "HER" room, 9 times out of 10 I cook my own dinner, do my own laundry. I have no interest in going to bars or whatever now, waste of money in my eyes. Lonely? not really but after 9pm when she is not home I am, even if she is in "Her" room I'm not lonely. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Celsius said:

You can't make your own coffee?

What kind of man does not make his own coffee?

Does she also wipe your bum?

Of course I can make coffee and cook and clean and do laundry and pleasure myself tooBut WHY would or should I with her around

Enjoy your self-"indulgence". I'll leave mine to the little lady. 

555 no, I wipe my own ass, thank you...but there's a thought. TILAC🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Of course I can make coffee and cook and clean and do laundry and pleasure myself tooBut WHY would or should I with her around

Enjoy your self-"indulgence". I'll leave mine to the little lady. 

555 no, I wipe my own ass, thank you...but there's a thought. TILAC🤣

Great. Your own personal bumgun  TILAC

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

Mine works with her sisters, baking pasties  that are sent and sold in Bangkok. When not doing that she is in the greenhouse tending the crop.

Are those the things that look like this?  Untitled.jpg.fa05767b27bbd5fda2f9b4ae4cc4f68e.jpg   I had something like that in Bangkok a few years ago..  Made by a British guy.  Damn they were good and I miss being able to eat them again!

Yes  has her own hair salon    works extremely hard     I could tell you my typical day but no  one would believe it  and I'm still bored. I miss my dogs ,Happy hour in America ,variety of food in America and the change of seasons. BUT  being here is still better for me.    holla at your boy

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:
3 hours ago, habuspasha said:

Spent over 50 years tied down by work schedules of me and two wives.  Now I pay the salary that makes her available anytime I like.

Just her or your other wife too?  

Just her.  First wife divorced 50 years ago.  Current wife bed-ridden with late stage Alzheimer's.  Just mia noi.

• Sad 2

Mrs M recently celebrated 10 years with her employer, accounting/audit work, and no intention of giving up; good company and colleagues, social life, no thoughts of leaving (healthy bonus system) or stopping work.

She's never been out of work, previously with Viriyah Insurance, before that Procter & Gamble, a solid career progression.

Works well for us.

Edited by gomangosteen

On 11/30/2023 at 4:52 AM, poppysdad said:

Just curious as to how many expats have wives/partners who go out to work. Does it bother you that they do, what do you do in their absence, do you feel lonely at all because of it or indeed do you welcome it to have time alone.

My long-time girlfriend has enough work by looking after a grumpy old man like me, so she don't have time to work. She however allows me having plenty of time on my own, so just as good if she was working...:thumbsup: