Cheap water filters

mran66

Noticed this this kind of affordable water filters in lazada. 

Anyone have experiences with them, are they worth? Wondering if would be good to filter city water before entering tank and house, just to clear the sediments off. 

Seems have different types of filter elements - which one(a) would be the relevant for such case if worth in the first place? 

Screenshot_2023-11-30-15-12-57-556_com.lazada.android.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-30-15-12-46-415_com.lazada.android.jpg

This is better idea for POE (Point of Entry Filter) for sediments. More costly, but very low maintenance!

Use "Eco Clear" recycled plate glass as the media. See brochure attached! 

The 2nd photo is a cartridge after 3 months filtering city water in Jomtien.

3rd photo is in Banglamung from a POE filter.

Send me a PM if interested. I have done dozens!  

POE Filter.jpg

17012013 (Small).jpg

POE Backwash sample (Small).jpg

Eco Clear wetinfo.pdf

• Thumbs Up 1

To do it properly, you should firstly get a water sample analysed and then decide what is the best filtering system to use based on your requirements.

Water for drinking requires different treatment than water for washing the dishes, clothes or showering. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

To do it properly, you should firstly get a water sample analysed and then decide what is the best filtering system to use based on your requirements.

Water for drinking requires different treatment than water for washing the dishes, clothes or showering. 

Well, I was just triggered by lazada throwing this on my face and was surprised about price. 

I do have 5 stage filter set that I have used several years to filter water I use for ice and coffee/tea.

But knowing Pattaya City water has some sediment as it accumulates on bottom of tank as well as toilet reservoirs, was just wondering if these cheap ones are working to collect the sediment. Not that I would really need it, but whether it would be worth to clear the water used in house (bath, laundry, dishes, toilets etc)