By the way

On 12/1/2023 at 3:48 AM, Ali Katz said:

Been coming to Thailand for over 40 years and this most recent arrival was a complete shock.  Saawaadi I pleasantly say.

What you said was not pleasant.

You may have said in a pleasant voice, or what you believe to be a pleasant voice, but by using only the first of the two words of would have been a standard greeting, what you said was not pleasant.

• Agree 1

On 12/1/2023 at 9:33 AM, DrJack54 said:

Strange ....I picked it up on my first  ever visit to Thailand when the io asked for it. 

It's also required at some other countries airports..

I have been flying into BKK (Bangkok International Airport, then Suvarnabhumi Airport) at least once a year for the past 40 years and have never been asked to show my boarding pass for the flight on which I arrived. For the last 10 years or so I have checked in online and got a QR code, which is held on a scanner for boarding at the airport in Zurich, Switzerland. That wasn't asked for either at Thai immigration.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maestro said:

I have been flying into BKK (Bangkok International Airport, then Suvarnabhumi Airport) at least once a year for the past 40 years and have never been asked to show my boarding pass for the flight on which I arrived. For the last 10 years or so I have checked in online and got a QR code, which is held on a scanner for boarding at the airport in Zurich, Switzerland. That wasn't asked for either at Thai immigration.

You posted in this attached thread.

There are many similar threads.

Boarding pass is often requested.

In last couple of months I have done 2 trips to Vietnam and back.

Boarding pass was requested upon arrival by the io both at DMK and Saigon airports..

https://aseannow.com/topic/1149307-immigration-now-require-incoming-boarding-pass/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Agree 1