Onward Ticket Question

36 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So why post something you know very little about.

I fly out/in Thailand every month .

Some routes, some low cost airlines 100% require onward fight if flying to Thailand visa exempt.

Only accurate post you have stated is .....

" I don't know as it's never happened to me" 

Travel more and come up to speed.

I was responding to oldcpu's question about what would happen if you flew in visa exempt and an IO asked for an onward ticket and you didn't have one. I'm guessing he means as a normal flyer, not a "visa abuser".

As you know, the conventional wisdom is that it is unlikely to happen so we don't see too many reports about what transpires. Or if there have been then I can't recall. Perhaps your memory is better than mine.

PS. I'll post what I want if it's not in violation of forum rules. You're not a mod so there's nothing you can do about that! 😹 

On 12/2/2023 at 6:29 PM, leosmith said:

I should have said that my second question was about Thai immigration, not boarding in Korea. 
But I do not have a return flight on the same airline; not sure where you go that. I have an actual ongoing ticket out in 58 days on another airline. The rest of what you wrote is probably right; I'll stop worrying about Thai immigration.

What this thread has made clear is that what the airline will do and immigration will do are variable, depending on the route, airline, country, moods of the officers involved, etc. Let me just add to our shared experiences by saying what actually happened yesterday when I flew from Seoul to BKK on Korean Air. I checked in online, then went to the airport. At the airport, the carrier checked my passport and boarding pass them made me tag my own bags at a kiosk. Of course, I needed to show the boarding pass and passport at security and at the gate, but that was it - no ongoing ticket or length of stay questions. At immigration in BKK they wanted to see the boarding pass that I had just used, asked me how long I'd stay and wanted to see my accommodation confirmation. So I wasted $12, but it was well worth the peace of mind.

• Thumbs Up 2

Find out if your airline does self check-in. My last flight to Bangkok on Singapore Airlines I checked myself in by an electronic kiosk and checked my own bag. My onward flight was 90 days later but I never spoke to a single airline staff for them to ask me a question about do I have a visa or onward flight

Edited by Pattaya57