Traffic

dhupverg

In the past I often went from Rawai to Phuket town for dinner. It was about half an hour.
Now, still not the highest season, I continue to go, but it takes me more than an hour.

The worrying thing is that I don't see any concrete plan for new traffic and transport management.

The only plans are how to increase the number of the arriving tourists.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

It seems like the traffic window for being able to move around has gotten smaller.  I went to Phuket Town yesterday at 1 and traffic was bearable, then came back an hour later and traffic was thick.  I'm seeing tailbacks everywhere these last couple of weeks.

• Sad 1

Just too many people & congestion.  Main reason I gave it a break about 13 yrs ago.  Only returned during covid & truly BLISS.  

June this year, and back to why I stopped going years ago.  And that's off season and still way too many for me.

On 12/2/2023 at 6:31 PM, dhupverg said:

I thought traffic was bad over the "low season", but it seems like there's even more cars on the road now.  I've heard horror stories of 3+ hours to and from the airport, one hour trips to go 15 km's etc.  

You think this is bad? You don't know how bad it was without the BTS or MRT:coffee1:....

On 12/30/2023 at 2:14 PM, dhupverg said:

It seems like the traffic window for being able to move around has gotten smaller.  I went to Phuket Town yesterday at 1 and traffic was bearable, then came back an hour later and traffic was thick.  I'm seeing tailbacks everywhere these last couple of weeks.

What do you expect this time of year?

Far less traffic around than pre COVID this time of year.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

You think this is bad? You don't know how bad it was without the BTS or MRT:coffee1:....

We're still waiting for either of those.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stevenl said:

What do you expect this time of year?

Far less traffic around than pre COVID this time of year.

I'd say not genius.  Now with all the Russians here driving cars, it's worse than pre covid.  I saw traffic backed up to Kata Hill going to the circle.  I've never seen that before with no accident causing a tailback.

Edited by dhupverg

2 hours ago, dhupverg said:

I'd say not genius.  Now with all the Russians here driving cars, it's worse than pre covid.  I saw traffic backed up to Kata Hill going to the circle.  I've never seen that before with no accident causing a tailback.

Russians driving cars equals a nightmare; Russians driving motorbikes equals a nightmare; French Africans driving large motorbikes equals a nightmare and danger, then of course once you add in the normal Thai behaviour of driving anything without training or a licence, then you've got – – "the perfect storm". Beware Danger..........................

• Sad 1
  • Love It 2

5 hours ago, dhupverg said:

My experience is contrary to yours.

• Agree 1