Neighbour Held For Beating Italian Man To Death In Front Of His House

webfact

14 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

If he stopped disposing garbage in front of the neighbors house he'd still be alive. 

Seems like a 'No Brainer' to me, don't antagonize your neighbors. 

I'd be angry to if the Italian did that to me

You would have been angry.

But would you have killed him???

13 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Not something to kill someone over though, is it, especially in the Buddhist Land Of Smiles.

And if he pleads guilty & cooperates with the authorities , a good  probability he’ll 

get 8 years ,

Or less, if he shows good Prison behavior!

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

This tragedy could have been avoided by adjusting strategy.  Where did it say to love your neighbor as you love yourself?   Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs.  

An exorcism of the wrong spirit may be required before this can be effective.

Or avoid associating with those easy to anger.

RIP

51 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Bloody hell.I haven't got an aggressive bone in my body. 

I couldn't harm an animal. 

Murder is not the solution.

Murder happens when 2 fools come together, in this case. 

The Italian should have known his neighbour was ill. 

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Bloody hell.I haven't got an aggressive bone in my body. 

I couldn't harm an animal. 

Murder is not the solution.

Murder happens when 2 fools come together, in this case. 

The Italian should have known his neighbour was ill. 

Easy to say when all the details aren’t known!

I have a similar experience with a uneducated Selfish Thai neighbor, who values his 9 small yapping dogs existence more than the tranquility of a neighborhood.

He lets them bark 24 /7 without any discipline!

imop

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, oslooskar said:

if you are going to engage in an activity with the deliberate purpose of upsetting other people then whatever happens to you is on you.

3 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

Papa Thai did them a service by removing a filthy squatter from their property. 

Should you or your loved ones ever become victim of a crime, you wouldn’t be talking like this; justifying, belittling and mocking it. You would be the first to demand justice. And I’m wondering what must be wrong with you for not granting another human being the same decency. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, damo1967 said:

I am totally on the Thai guy's side!  Seems the Italian wanted some 'friction' between him and his neighbour... people need to be careful sometimes what they wish for..  because often they get what they wish for.. haha.  This is a classic story.. dumb farang v seasoned Thai..  Thai all the way!!

My Thai neighbors dog has been barking all hours of the day and night for hours on end at times for more than two years.  The police have been notified more than a dozen times by multiple neighbors.  Nothing is ever done.  Complaints have been filed against the police for not doing anything and nothing has been done.  I am happy to know I will have your full support when I murder the family and their dog.  

Edited by LikeItHot
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well I'm late to the discussion as usual and I've decide not to wade through 5 pages of comments. Did I miss the details of just exactly how the Thai son ended up in prison? That does seem to be a crucial piece to this story. I'm assuming there was just cause.

18 hours ago, damo1967 said:

I am totally on the Thai guy's side!  Seems the Italian wanted some 'friction' between him and his neighbour... people need to be careful sometimes what they wish for..  because often they get what they wish for.. haha.  This is a classic story.. dumb farang v seasoned Thai..  Thai all the way!!

What an ill-informed and ill-thought-out dopey comment.

Have you any idea what went on leading up to the murder?

You need to go on a refresher course regarding your humanitarian and social skills.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, damo1967 said:

Another who chooses to base his opinion of people on what he reads  in the media,  you know pretty much nothing regarding this incident, or either of the people involved 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Mark Nothing said:

This tragedy could have been avoided by adjusting strategy.  Where did it say to love your neighbor as you love yourself?   Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs.  

An exorcism of the wrong spirit may be required before this can be effective.

Or avoid associating with those easy to anger.

RIP

"An exorcism of the wrong spirit" !!!!   what on earth are you talking about ?  

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out the local Amphur sends people door to door to collect garbage collection fees.

They will accept money from anyone for any address.

They collected our money last month, 360bht for 1 year.

Luxury   where I live we dream of garbage collection, we have a recycle guy who removes the bottles, but everything else  just gets burnt

There was some sort of proposal to start garbage collection but the locals decided they didn't want to pay such extortionate fees   ( I believe it was estimated to be about the same as yours 300-400bt per year)

16 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Some nasty people in these villages.  They upgrade from the slum to the village and sit around shirtless drinking beers all day.  How can they afford the rent?

Have you ever actually been to a village?  I ask because you appear to have no idea what you are talking about.  

18 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Absolutely not something to kill someone over, not even close. However this sort of needless and unnecessary violence and murder happens especially here all the time in Thailand. 

It happens everywhere it is not unique to Thailand

8 hours ago, Keep Right said:

Another reason not to live in a Thai village.

Passorn Village 2, Khlong Sam subdistrict, Khlong Luang of Prathum Thani  is a middle to upper middle class neighborhood just on the outskirts of Bangkok. 

I also question the validity of your assumption that a crime of this nature is more likely to occur in a rural village.

Screenshot2023-12-05at04_40_58.thumb.png.0afc0fd0c48a6ee14af2b49afe8ca5f9.png

Edited by Gecko123

8 hours ago, captnhoy said:

how the Thai son ended up in prison?

Ha, ha, asking sensible questions on the forum is asking for trouble.

Seems some of the guys here have made up little stories in their minds. 

I'm sure one or two of them will have a little story that they've made up to share with you. 🤣

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, captnhoy said:

Did I miss the details of just exactly how the Thai son ended up in prison?

He was jailed after the Italian man filed a lawsuit against him for assault that stemmed from discarding garbage in front of their house.

However Phongphas said it was he who had punched up his foreign neighbour that day, not his son who only stepped in to stop the fight.

Yet his son was found guilty because the Italian man produced a “drunken witness” who verified his testimony in court.

“He didn’t point to me, if he had pointed at me it would have ended there, my son had nothing to do with it but the court has handed down the verdict,” he said.

https://thainewsroom.com/2023/12/02/neighbour-held-for-beating-italian-man-to-death-in-front-of-his-house/

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

He was jailed after the Italian man filed a lawsuit against him for assault that stemmed from discarding garbage in front of their house.

Ha, ha. 

The Italian, What an idiot, he'd been assaulted and continued antagonizing Somchai 

Some people never learn. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Sure it happens some everywhere but not with the frequency, extreme violence and murder over the most trivial of things.

Where's your statistics or link to prove your point or is this just some made up little story again? 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1

On 12/4/2023 at 7:00 AM, RichardColeman said:

E-mail today - French dead, Italian dead, Swiss dead - does not seem a safe place for Europeans ! TAT needs to get busy 

I reckon your comment is unfair. 

I find Thailand very safe. 

I stay under the radar, go out of my way to avoid conflict.

The Italian went out of his way to antagonize and provoke Somchai and his son.

The Swiss death was a suicide, the guy lost all his money in a failed bar business. 

I'd say it's a case of all 3 foreigners (Europeans) having mental health issues.

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

Gino got more than he deserved, but only by an extra blow or two. 

Thai papa got a little carried away, as one does in this type of situation.  Perfectly understandable. 

Set the father and son loose with a stern warning and no criminal record- just like we do with migrants back home. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Tummamuang said:

Should you or your loved ones ever become victim of a crime, you wouldn’t be talking like this; justifying, belittling and mocking it. You would be the first to demand justice. And I’m wondering what must be wrong with you for not granting another human being the same decency. 

If any one of my loved ones started acting like Gino did, I'd get him the help he needed so it didn't become necessary to bash his skull in with a piece of rebar. 

I gave up on "demanding" justice (or anything that resembles it)from the state long ago. The lord helps those who help themselves. 

Had the Thai man and his son taken a more circumspect approach to handling their problem neighbour they wouldn't be rotting in a cell today. A cursory investigation would be carried out and a ruling of suicide would have been rendered, even if the farang died from 67 stab wounds to the back.