Muay Thai gyms for old men

georgegeorgia

The last time I went to Phuket was 2004 and I hated it .

But lately I have been  looking on YouTube to see the large amount of Muay Thai boxing 

I have been taking a interest in fighting sports lately and appears this "fitness street" in Phuket is the one .

However yes however watching a YouTube video a young lady from Canada said to stay away from a certain one as they have "meathead" guys ( customers) there who are just wanting to hurt other people and the trainers dont seem to care .

She was only there a week and they had her sparring and she got hurt and stap infection along with another newbie who apparently cut his eye  retina 

What's the best way for myself a 62yo fit to learn Muay Thai in Phuket ,you think personal training would be better ? 

I don't want to end up getting major hurt 

I go to the Jett Gym chain. They have daily classes (called Kombat) that are OK for all fitness levels.

I researched the various fitness "camps" in Phuket and found them to be expensive for what you get and not that great in terms of trainers and facilities (often, no AC).

I had a private training session at Jett's Gym and found it impossible to complete the hour. It's a huge stress on the hips. As an old, out of shape person, low impact exercise is much better for you.

Alternately, when I was staying in Pai, there were a few oldies taking classes that were much modified for tourists. Most were happy with it No contact except for hitting a giant pillow.

One on one Muay Thai classes start at 1,500 baht an hour. You'd have to train for about a year first to get much out of one.