Moving 800k from bank a to bank b for immigration

my 800k for immigration on a savings deposit brings me a few baht only per year with green bank

any suggestion for where I can get at least a few thousand baht of interest ?

and how and when to switch... I am beyond the 3 months that I cannot touch my money, and it cannot go under 400k

weird as this was old people's money in case of sickness to be able to pay the hospital , right, but cannot even use that money for more than 400k or losing the extension...

so... do I season 400k now at a new bank, even I will not get to 12 month seasoning with the new bank

and top it op 2 months before next extension

would I need a statement from bank A and B for immigration ?

From reports I've seen, you can move half, then move the other half later, once you've satisified the 800k 3 month period after receiving an extension.

I suspect you'll need overlapping statements from both banks to show you complied with the minimum 800/400k requirement, as in no gap maintaining the balance while you're in the process of switching bank or account.

Edited by expat_4_life

I did this a few months ago. Moved 400k one day from BKK bank to k-bank. The next day I moved the other 400k. I showed immigration my bank books and they said it was ok and just to bring both bank books and the copies of the new one only.

K-bank has a 2 year fixed deposit(if that's what they call it here) around 2%. It renews automatically after 2 years at the current rate at that time. Beware, they will try to push the 1.?% package that renews at 0%. F'ing banks... It took a while to get them to show me the 2 year deposit. 

20 hours ago, gargamon said:

I did this a few months ago. Moved 400k one day from BKK bank to k-bank. The next day I moved the other 400k. I showed immigration my bank books and they said it was ok and just to bring both bank books and the copies of the new one only.

K-bank has a 2 year fixed deposit(if that's what they call it here) around 2%. It renews automatically after 2 years at the current rate at that time. Beware, they will try to push the 1.?% package that renews at 0%. F'ing banks... It took a while to get them to show me the 2 year deposit. 

fixed deposit... don't you need to update your bankbook the same day? how you going to do that with a fixed deposit ?

20 minutes ago, john donson said:

fixed deposit... don't you need to update your bankbook the same day? how you going to do that with a fixed deposit ?

You can add to most fixed deposit accounts, usually minimum 1000 baht.

well i do with the yellow bank on day of extension getting letter and statement

and updated bank book.

Edited by quake

1 hour ago, john donson said:

Whatever they called the account, it came with a bank book. After all, I added 400k each day for two days. If it was a term deposit like you're alluding to, it would be two separate accounts...