Suggestions for Christmas Eve & New Years Eve?

CanadaSam

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2023 at 11:29 AM, bbi1 said:

Grab a couple of bottles from 7/11 and enjoy at the beach. That's how the locals celebrate.

Yes, but they're godless heathens who celebrate in their own fashion.  It's hardly fitting for a Westerner to pass the occasion in such a turpid manner. 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, JimTripper said:

If that were true you would never do anything. Thailand is a crowded place.

Oh I don't know. I still like to think these super busy days/nights are an exception, silly season, Songkran, Fireworks Competition and other events. Although the powers that be seem to be aiming at 52 such weekends every year. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Oh I don't know. I still like to think these super busy days/nights are an exception, silly season, Songkran, Fireworks Competition and other events. Although the powers that be seem to be aiming at 52 such weekends every year. 

Lots of potential retirees, if they have not traveled a lot, have a postcard notion of quiet secluded tropical islands in Asia.

I just wanted to point out that it has not been my experience in general, with a few memorable exceptions. The vast majority of the time I have been in crowded noisy areas and privacy is at a premium.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1