Have you noted AI bots wanting to chat?

Elkski

I was recently in Australia visiting my Mum (92 year old living alone) and she received a scam call on her landline at least once a day. Some were very realistic (e.g, pretending to be from her energy or electricity provider - quoting the right address/account number - saying there had been a mistaken double charge to her bank account and seeking credit card details to refund the payment).

• Haha 1

This lady from "Singapore" started chatting with me completely out of the blue about a year ago. I am 99% certain she (he) is a scammer but we have been chatting about all sorts of topics and only occasionally does she mention how much she is making with some sort of gold trading account. Either she is just bragging (1%) or trying to get me involved in some gold trading scam (99%) but I always ignore those comments and change the subject. Her last message to me was "If you are interested, I can also teach you this investment in gold foreign exchange trading. I can also teach you to register for a free demo account and learn with me, which is good for you." I said no thanks and haven't heard from her in a couple of weeks. I can see how people can get sucked in because her very long term strategy is very convincing. She has even sent quite a few photos of herself and her daughter, none of which are found in any image reverse searches so appear original. Anyway, I play along and treat her like a high quality chatbot, and I remain polite but not interested in any schemes. Polite because there is that 1% chance she is a real person so there is no need for me to be offensive. I also BS about everything regarding me and my details so if she is gathering data about me then it is all useless. Here is one of her recent photos.

UNTITLED.jpg

Edited by Dexxter
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dexxter said:

This lady from "Singapore" started chatting with me completely out of the blue about a year ago. I am 99% certain she (he) is a scammer but we have been chatting about all sorts of topics and only occasionally does she mention how much she is making with some sort of gold trading account. Either she is just bragging (1%) or trying to get me involved in some gold trading scam (99%) but I always ignore those comments and change the subject. Her last message to me was "If you are interested, I can also teach you this investment in gold foreign exchange trading. I can also teach you to register for a free demo account and learn with me, which is good for you." I said no thanks and haven't heard from her in a couple of weeks. I can see how people can get sucked in because her very long term strategy is very convincing. She has even sent quite a few photos of herself and her daughter, none of which are found in any image reverse searches so appear original. Anyway, I play along and treat her like a high quality chatbot, and I remain polite but not interested in any schemes. Polite because there is that 1% chance she is a real person so there is no need for me to be offensive. I also BS about everything regarding me and my details so if she is gathering data about me then it is all useless. Here is one of her recent photos.

UNTITLED.jpg

AI generated photo .

Could just be a way of using real life study subjects for free to improve AI responses. If you have ever tried to beta release of Bing AI Chat you would see they are easy to spot because they are too logic oriented. By using living test subjects they can introduce feeling and emotional tempered responses.

Try Bing AI on sensitive but not offensive subjects (War, Human Rights, etc.) then ask the same of your supposed bots and compare the responses.

11 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

to improve AI responses.

the ones (all female) that have messaged me on X all fail the comprehension test miserably...failure to understand ive already answered the question(s) they ask...

''sorry to say you've failed the comprehension test and there is no point taking this conversation any further ...have a nice existence ''

I never hear from them again.
I mean lets face it if I said that to a real women they couldn't help themselves but answer back with a vitriolic serve wanting the last word🤣🤣👣

Edited by wombat

So it is happening to others.   I agree they are trying to de roboticize the speech patterns.  Also logging any tidbits of information you may give. 

I asked one fir a sexy pic and that ended the conversation.  Now i wished i didnt delete all these conversations.   I think Elin is correct in being worried about AI.   I read they can emulate voices so you can have a bot with a family members voice call asking for money.