Swiss man accidentally falls from 3rd floor of Pattaya condo while smoking

webfact

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Easy to go over these 3 foot tall balconies at the best of times, but add weed (and possibly a night on the lash) into the mix…!

Especially those of us from the nanny states who are accustomed to being protected from our own poor judgment. 

When I first moved into my 5th floor apartment in BKK, I found myself leaning out over the balcony to see what kind of birds were fighting on the 4th floor.  Had the patio been wet and slippery I could have easily gone over, since my center of mass was way out into empty sky.  A real eye opener...

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It does say on the packet that smoking is dangerous and that you should quit

I did about 20 years ago! (cigarettes, nothing else)

Quite safe on balconies.

Edited by ravip

30 minutes ago, pomchop said:

A cigarette as reported is not what anyone would call pot...pot would be a joint unless you know less than nothing about weed.

But.... something unknown might/could pollute the cigarette... the possibility is very high.

19 hours ago, impulse said:

Especially those of us from the nanny states who are accustomed to being protected from our own poor judgment. 

When I first moved into my 5th floor apartment in BKK, I found myself leaning out over the balcony to see what kind of birds were fighting on the 4th floor. Had the patio been wet and slippery I could have easily gone over, since my center of mass was way out into empty sky. A real eye opener...

Many Thai's don't use the balcony at all unless reaching over to dry clothes.

47 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I do,

Too many mishaps from higher floors.

Also, it negates the need for a 3-foot balcony rail.

I don't like ground floor rooms. I worry too much about theft and don't like hiding my laptop each time I leave the unit.

Spike strips on the balcony rail have worked great for me so far. Nobody gets anywhere near the edge, including pigeon's. I don't think anyone that has fallen had a spike strip there.

Edited by JimTripper