Question about 60-day extension of stay based on marriage

Hoping to confirm that I'm correct in what I'm tentatively planning here.

I'm here in Thailand on a single-entry TR visa and am currently nearing the end of a 30-day extension. So, planning on going up to Vientiane before my extension expires on Dec 20. Up there, I intend to apply for a new TR visa *or* re-enter Thailand on a 30-day exempt entry. 

My goal is another 60-90 days in Thailand. And, having recently gotten married, I've only recently heard about the 60-day extension based on marriage and so did not deploy that when extending my current visa last month. 

My question is, can I deploy that 60-day extension based on marriage on top of the 30-day visa-exempt entry (aka re-entry) that I'm considering? If so, I'll do that. If not, I'll need to try for another 60-day TR visa up in Vientiane. Thanks for any help.

24 minutes ago, dluek said:

My question is, can I deploy that 60-day extension based on marriage on top of the 30-day visa-exempt entry (aka re-entry) that I'm considering?

Yes.

You can 

It's actually 60 day extension to visit wife. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

You can 

It's actually 60 day extension to visit wife. 

Can you please tell me which documents are needed for this extension and do they be in thai language and maybe also authorised by dutch ambassy and or thai ministry?

You just need to show your marriage certificate, her id card and, depending on the immigration office where you’ll go, her house book showing where she is registered. Doesn’t matter if this is different from where she is living now, it’s just a place where she is registered. It shouldn’t be a problem to get the visiting wife 60 days extension. Best of luck.