Bye bye Thailand, thanks for nothing!

ujayujay

On 12/9/2023 at 8:28 AM, Mike Lister said:

Those are sucker farang prices, the cost in the NOrth at an expert clinic is 50k max.

https://www.indenteclinic.com/fee

The cost in Bangkok (S Dental Clinic in Sathorn https://www.thes-clinic.com/implant) is 50K, I've seen them advertised for 35K in Pattaya but it looks like that's for a lower quality implant. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2023 at 8:41 AM, Fr87 said:

I've been able to make it deeper the website. When you do get to fees there's no fee there's no hyperlink.

You may or may not know that many Dental operations and clinics will break out the cost for an implant. Therefore, the basic work for implant in some cases might be as low in some clinics as 50,000 k agreed. Then you have a number of other things that could be associated with the procedure. Finally, what is not included in that price is the crown which is often another 15 to 30,000.

Fees no fees?

https://www.indenteclinic.com/en/fee

The 50K I quoted for an implant at The S Clinic in Bangkok included all the Fees, I know as I had 3 (all OSSTEM) done there. 

26 minutes ago, Geir Rasch said:

You are a funny person. Here we have a discussion about tax, and from that you feel competent to analyse my personality!! Well, I think there is a word that describe such people. Have you heard about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

You said earlier that you did know that Thailand did not tax your pension, but now they have changed the laws. This tells me you are ignorant about tax laws in Thailand. If you ever har read information from Thai Revenue dept, you would know that if you are thai resident (lived here 180 days or more within a tax year) you are obliged to pay tax to Thailand for the pension you bring in to Thailand. That was the law when you first came here, and it still is the law. Nothing new about that!
Every year they make a document in English that describe every post in the tax document ( ภ.ง.ด.91) to declare your taxable income.

Another thing is how hard thai revenue dept work to get those tax money. We know that many thai pensioners do not pay tax to Thailand. Many of them because their pension are to low, but others are simply not followed up by the revenue dept. That is the reason for not following up on expat either. I once ask people at revenue dept why they did not follow up on us expat. The answer was that since they don't do that with thai pensioners, they could not be stricter with expats.
So there is nothing new about laws that concerns our tax liability, the only thing new is a possible stricter practice. 

Wow - mentally fully converted to a Thai I see - well good luck with all that mate - I do wish you all the best.

Have you heard about Cognitive Dissonance?

On 12/9/2023 at 9:36 AM, Ralf001 said:

Income is the key word... that is what is being taxed.

You do understand this, Yes or No ?

There are many types of "income" business in Thailand, owing stock in Thailand, if you are here and are "working, selling, or have a business you are generating income from the Thai's and maybe subject to "taxes" Do you understand now? yes or no?