15 month retirement visa no longer available?

On 12/9/2023 at 2:32 PM, cubism001 said:

You nave not addressed the issue:  '15 months' designates the visa we are discussing.  The financial requirements are much different, and as I said (& you publicly ridiculed) this is only done through an agent.  Before you shame and blame others, please do your homework. This has been around for awhile; you've just forgotten (or ignored it).

First sadly Ubon Joe passed away earlier this year.

Secondly dont be rude to the people trying to help you.

Thirdly the only way you can get 15 months is if you convert from a visa exempt entry or a Tourist Visa to a Non O visa in Thailand (3 months) followed by an extension of stay based on Retirement (12 months). Total 15 months. Subsequent renewals are only 12 months as you already have the Non O and you now have an extension of stay. 

To get this you can do it via an agent who will provide all the finance for a cost or you can do yourself with the required 800k in the bank.

On 12/9/2023 at 2:32 PM, cubism001 said:

You nave not addressed the issue:  '15 months' designates the visa we are discussing.  The financial requirements are much different, and as I said (& you publicly ridiculed) this is only done through an agent.  Before you shame and blame others, please do your homework. This has been around for awhile; you've just forgotten (or ignored it).

You are talking rubbish. Find something else to do.

7 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

First it's 400k in dead account for most of the year as you can spend 400k after 3 months, before topping up again to 800k 2 months before next extension.

You failed to say how much money you send to Thailand each year while on an agent funded extension. Is it more than 400-800k baht so you also have same money in a dead account to pay for living expenses?

Once again, it isn't about how much is sent annually, it's about sending 65k or more every month.  Have as much money working as possible and bring over what is needed, as is needed. 

I don't hold anything against people who use the 800k/400k dead money method, I just don't see the benefit of it.  Who knows, maybe one day hell will freeze over and the visa agents will be shut down and frog marched off to jail as is often predicted on this forum.  I'll raise a glass in their memory, then  join the dead money club.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 1:38 PM, cubism001 said:

My 15 month retirement visa seems to be off the market now. Anyone have a martial arts connection or something similar that works for them? Or advice? I'll bet I have to pull up stakes & live elsewhere! Thanks! Ubon Joe, your opinions?

Unfortunately poor old Ubon Joe cant advise you from his grave , God rest his soul

Edited by Brick Top
Spelling

On 12/9/2023 at 1:38 PM, cubism001 said:

My 15 month retirement visa seems to be off the market now.

Okay lets see if we can't give the O/P some answers and improve their understanding of what they're talking about.. :smile:

It is obvious from the comments the O/P made that they are NOT talking about a year long multi-entry Non-O visa from a thai consulate in another country. So we can rule that out

They mentioned agents, and what the agents call a 15month retirement visa :shock1:  Now what it really is (whether the O/P agrees with it or not is irrelevant) is a 90 day (3 month) Non-O visa and then a 12 month extension tacked on <- giving the 15 months. I think the confusion is that the O/P doesn't know visa terminology :sad:.

Agents typically get these visas for the first year for people who are here on 30 day free entry OR 60 day tourist visa entry. They bank the money for the person and in some cases get the visa and the year extension issued in ONE DAY :O so when they get their passport back it has a stamp that's valid for 15 months

What we have seen is agents have put the brakes on getting these visas right now because of the end of the year shuffle at the immigration offices and those back door, under the table 'we bank the funds for you for a day' visas/extensions are at this time unavailable.

It happens every year for a period of time when they shuffle the section heads and people running the various immigration offices. Takes a couple weeks to a month for the 'dust to settle' and things to go back to business as usual at the immigration offices.

As a general rule it seems Jomtien is the least affected by this shuffle and they seem to still be cranking out 3+12=15 visa/extensions

It goes without saying but I will say it anyway, AFTER that first year of the 3+12 all you get the following year is a 12 month yearly extension.

I have found that in Pattaya the "3+12 visa/extension" is about 25k from agents, and that in bangkok it's about 10k more.. Then after that first year the extensions in Pattaya are about 12k-15k and in bangkok they're about 17k         

I wish good luck to the O/P @cubism001 in their search for the 15 month retirement visa.. Sorry this post was long, perhaps it was marginally helpful in solving the conundrum and misunderstanding and in helping the O/P know what they're talking about

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There is a you tuber who detailed the issuing of his mothers 15 month visa for 60,000 baht in Bangkok using agents money. Last month he decided to renew mothers visa himself in the boonies. He had deposited 800,00 baht in his mothers account 11 months ago. Imagine his shock when immigration wanted to see his mothers account in her name, for the missing four months. Of course he had to use the agent again to get it smoothed out.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

There is a you tuber who detailed the issuing of his mothers 15 month visa for 60,000 baht in Bangkok using agents money. Last month he decided to renew mothers visa himself in the boonies. He had deposited 800,00 baht in his mothers account 11 months ago. Imagine his shock when immigration wanted to see his mothers account in her name, for the missing four months. Of course he had to use the agent again to get it smoothed out.

If he was surprised he,s not worth watching! -

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

No, he was wrong as he said 15 month retirement visa was no longer available 😉

All jokes aside, his use of the term "quota" was interesting and I was hoping he would provide more details.

I only know of one agent who uses this term because I have them as a LINE contact and get regular messages about their capacity for certain visa types. They're Bangkok-based and send the passports up-country.

I'm wondering if he is referring to the same agent, or if it's a more widespread thing.

The agent "my friend" uses in Pattaya doesn't seem to have such capacity issues, it's a free-for-all over that way as far as I can tell.