Shooting At Soi Green Mango 6am Wednesday?

Apparently someone was shot dead outside Green Mango around 6am on Wednesday,...?

Ordinary people stay in bed, or just enjoying a fresh cuppa at these times, so their chnce to get shot at an entertainment venue is rather marginal.

I saw someone got shot just a bit further down the "horseshoe", a few years ago, sorry, didn't dare to go to ask either of them who they were and why!

But I am sure someone will come up with "the News"...

Apparently someone was shot dead outside Green Mango around 6am on Wednesday,...?

Ordinary people stay in bed, or just enjoying a fresh cuppa at these times, so their chnce to get shot at an entertainment venue is rather marginal.

I've been reading this forum daily since January and I've noticed a high amount of shootings, stabbings, mysterious deaths. I'm coming to Samui at the end of August and maybe should be concerned except that most if not all of these events happen between 00:20-06:30. Those are "normal" hours for me here but I think I'll change my habits when I get there.

Nearly always Thai on Thai when it comes to late night drunken shootings, guns + booze = bad combo. Crossfire is a problem though sometimes.

But I think......

No need to change your habits, unless ofcourse you hire a car instead of a bike as if anything is more likely to save your life in samui as that.

Apparently someone was shot dead outside Green Mango around 6am on Wednesday, anyone know more?

at the moment none has any news. there was loads of security about that day though. normally when there is a shooting the police set up road blocks road the island. haven't herd a word on this one. someone crashed into an electric pylon oppsite Delco in Lamui. took out the power lines and knocked down a tranformer. brand new toyota fortuner aswell. the drive was ok but i herd he got a bit of a kickin. not sure if that is true but who cares. alot of mess and an expensive transformer

I saw someone got shot just a bit further down the "horseshoe", a few years ago, sorry, didn't dare to go to ask either of them who they were and why!

Usually, I am awaken at 6am, and start gardening a little, so it seems I am not "ordinary people".

And then it was said OUTSIDE, which means near to me, and you understand AT, so it appears that all those stories are full of sous-entendus.

By the way, everybody knows that 6am is hunting season for non-sleepers !

PS:At what time "ordinary people" are supposed not to be fair game here ?

Usually, I am awaken at 6am, and start gardening a little, so it seems I am not "ordinary people".

And then it was said OUTSIDE, which means near to me, and you understand AT, so it appears that all those stories are full of sous-entendus.

That's easy, at dinner time, too busy eating to make a hit on someone! Unless you didn't like the meal; So I guess there is NO time of the day or night you can feel 100% safe, unless you stay away from the bars & don't get involved in business and please don't hit someone when driving the pretty roads of Samui! :o

That's easy, at dinner time, too busy eating to make a hit on someone! Unless you didn't like the meal; So I guess there is NO time of the day or night you can feel 100% safe, unless you stay away from the bars & don't get involved in business and please don't hit someone when driving the pretty roads of Samui! :o

I use to dine very early and sleep "with the chickens" (french expression) so I do not risk anything.

On the road, I was hit some time ago by a drunk "GI" on leave, he was speeding on a motorbike and had no insurance, no passport, no helmet (!) but was full of testosterone.

I hope I will not be hit in retaliation by a cruise missile.

Anyway, I understood that if there is an accident between a thaï and a farang, the culprit is always the farang ...

so I have a good insurance.

PS:I was 6 years in HatYai, driving was hectic but nothing compared to Samui !

That's easy, at dinner time, too busy eating to make a hit on someone! Unless you didn't like the meal; So I guess there is NO time of the day or night you can feel 100% safe, unless you stay away from the bars & don't get involved in business and please don't hit someone when driving the pretty roads of Samui! :D

I use to dine very early and sleep "with the chickens" (french expression) so I do not risk anything.

On the road, I was hit some time ago by a drunk "GI" on leave, he was speeding on a motorbike and had no insurance, no passport, no helmet (!) but was full of testosterone.

I hope I will not be hit in retaliation by a cruise missile.

Anyway, I understood that if there is an accident between a thaï and a farang, the culprit is always the farang ...

so I have a good insurance.

PS:I was 6 years in HatYai, driving was hectic but nothing compared to Samui !

You got that right, the driving on Samui, MengWan, you sound like a laid back dude that need not worry, BUT as sh't happens, you can never tell. But I wouldn't worry if I was you! Hope you die of old age, and myself as well, since I don't cause trouble or go lookin' for it, and mind my own Business. Have a nice day, man! :o

In the past week I have made the mistake of honking and then looking at two male thai drivers that were about to hit me. Then they kept <deleted> with me and wanted me to pull over. Even though they were in the wrong in the first place they do not want it pointed out, I guess they have lost face or some sh t like that.

It is very hard for me but for mine and my girlfriends safety I am only going to honk if in immediate danger and then not look at them. Thai men will not accept responsibility in this culture. No one takes responsibility in this culture because no one points out when something is wrong. Just "yes..yes" so then nothing ever gets fixed or done right because nothing is ever wrong!

In the past week I have made the mistake of honking and then looking at two male thai drivers that were about to hit me. Then they kept <deleted> with me and wanted me to pull over. Even though they were in the wrong in the first place they do not want it pointed out, I guess they have lost face or some sh t like that.

It is very hard for me but for mine and my girlfriends safety I am only going to honk if in immediate danger and then not look at them. Thai men will not accept responsibility in this culture. No one takes responsibility in this culture because no one points out when something is wrong. Just "yes..yes" so then nothing ever gets fixed or done right because nothing is ever wrong!

Paul, you notice when they do a mistake whilst driving, they never make eye contact.

Paul, you notice when they do a mistake whilst driving, they never make eye contact.

Spot on!

Apparently someone was shot dead outside Green Mango around 6am on Wednesday, anyone know more?

My mates girlfriend lives in the next room to a bargirl nr mango,the poor bar girl was awoken to have her door bashed open by a thai man who was being chased!...he was cornered ,the thai chaser then shot him dead in front of the distressed girl,although she was unharmed,this was heavy shit for her!...gonna be mentally scarred for sure...... :o

I've been reading this forum daily since January and I've noticed a high amount of shootings, stabbings, mysterious deaths. I'm coming to Samui at the end of August and maybe should be concerned except that most if not all of these events happen between 00:20-06:30. Those are "normal" hours for me here but I think I'll change my habits when I get there.

you are more likey to have an accident falling off your bike drunk than getting shot. most of it is thai on thai. some times forangs are involved. not usually holiday makers are effected apart fromm that freak murder of Kartherine Horton.

I have lived here for 4 years and haven;t been shot. yet. There again shouldn;t count my chickens. they might never hatch.

don't even bother starting on Thai's better off just walking away even if they are in the wrong. they will just all group together.

bla bla bla bla