Allegiance to your country mate!

16 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Well I'm going to say if your like old Merv your bloody stupid because I'm going to claim the OAP and get portability

If you claim it, and it is within the confines of the system, why not.

The country doesn't care about you

Never really gave it any thought, we are all servants to our own individual corporations (governments) and at a flick of a switch, they can make things turn sour for many of us expats.

There are many stupid people like him unfortunately

Each to their own.

On 12/11/2023 at 5:55 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Never really gave it any thought, we are all servants to our own individual corporations (governments) and at a flick of a switch, they can make things turn sour for many of us expats.

Nah.  Not for the average guy.  They only do that for guy like Paul Hogan.  :cheesy:

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 2:39 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Well I'm going to say if your like old Merv your bloody stupid because I'm going to claim the OAP and get portability

The country doesn't care about you

My country doesn't care about me either.

I tried to get the OAP in LOS but they denied it to me so I have to live in a cold country that doesn't care about me.

I know that LOS doesn't care about me either, but I can live a better life there for the same money and it's always hot. What's not to want?

• Agree 1

On 12/14/2023 at 5:04 AM, KhunHeineken said:

Maybe he's too afraid to make the move, so keeps holding off. 

Maybe he can't afford to stop working. 

Heart surgery isn't cheap. 

True.

It's smarter to to give it all to a Thai bar girl and tell your friends, "my girl is different."    :cheesy:

Is it smarter to give it all to a western wife then? Mine ruined me.

On 12/14/2023 at 5:06 AM, KhunHeineken said:

Nah.  Not for the average guy.  They only do that for guy like Paul Hogan.  :cheesy:

I just looked it up on Wikipedia and I liked this from him. Sounds about right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hogan

Hogan likened the Australian Tax Office to the Taliban[39] and referred to staff as "a-holes".[40]

• Like 2

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I just looked it up on Wikipedia and I liked this from him. Sounds about right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hogan

Hogan likened the Australian Tax Office to the Taliban[39] and referred to staff as "a-holes".[40]

You may find this interesting.  Operation Wickenby.  Not only Paul Hogan, but some big Australian sport names mentioned in the investigation also. 

8 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

You may find this interesting.  Operation Wickenby.  Not only Paul Hogan, but some big Australian sport names mentioned in the investigation also. 

Makes me wonder if they got orders from on high to get sports people, or they are just <deleted>s? I wonder how many seriously rich people, the 1%, get targeted, or are they too special to be investigated? We know they pay people to keep them from paying their fair share

What sort of person wants to do a job where people hate them? Beats me.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 1/2/2024 at 9:51 AM, georgegeorgia said:

What sort of person wants to do a job where people hate them? Beats me

I always wonder how anyone can be a parking officer?

Hey, now there's a job you might consider doing when your there doing your 2 year stint, cause havoc. :stoner:

On 1/1/2024 at 10:31 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Makes me wonder if they got orders from on high to get sports people, or they are just <deleted>s? I wonder how many seriously rich people, the 1%, get targeted, or are they too special to be investigated? We know they pay people to keep them from paying their fair share

What sort of person wants to do a job where people hate them? Beats me.

i doubt she was interviewed by police.  :smile:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/revealed-queen-private-estate-invested-offshore-paradise-papers

People who are paid to recoup the taxpayer's money are not all bad.  This guy, and his crew, were real crooks, and his father was the Deputy Commissioner of the ATO. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-08-22/adam-cranston-jason-onley-sentencing-plutus-payroll-tax-fraud/102757978

Edited by KhunHeineken

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Hey, now there's a job you might consider doing when your there doing your 2 year stint, cause havoc. :stoner:

Parking Officers now drive around in cars that have number plate recognition cameras that log the time and date and location of the vehicle.  They keep driving around and the computer does the work and the owner of the car gets a fine in the mail.  

No marking tyres and writing fines and leaving them under the wiper blade.  No interaction with drivers, no arguments, no violence, no corruption etc. 

https://insidelocalgovernment.com.au/newcastle-trials-new-parking-technology/#:~:text=The Council says the plate,or which are parked illegally.

On 12/31/2023 at 11:27 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Is it smarter to give it all to a western wife then? Mine ruined me.

As another member mentioned, pre-nup  agreements are legally binding in Australia.  There were also other ways to minimize your exposure.  Like so many guys in Thailand, people take short cuts, or think it's marriage forever.