Drunks

still kicking

Well, I'm afraid they are serious. But whether you call it a joke, a job opportunity for locals, total madness or simply a way to smooth out greed and bad alcohol policy, you have to ask yourself what is going on in the top floor of those in power who for years use large resources to allow people spending their hard earned income on drinking longer towards the morning, and at the same time open alcohol sobering up centers which, if they are to function, probably take even more resources. Its IMO a bit like voluntary pay and want to be sick, and then fixed up in a hospital. :blink:

Felt

Edited by Felt 35
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats to attract customers who want to drink... not because the pubs are responsible for any drink drivers.

The drink driving is already dealt with by the police.

Its seen as an extension of the responsible service of alcohol policies similar to the nominated driver campaign etc.But never mind Richard spin it yourway! 😂

Live darkside.

Catch bolt to walking street at midnight.

Get rat arsed blind by 4am.

Venue closing but am breathalyised before allowed to leave.

Blow over 0.05...

Knuckle dragger doorman attempts to force me to sober place.

This aint gunna end well !!

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Olmate said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats to attract customers who want to drink... not because the pubs are responsible for any drink drivers.

Its seen as an extension of the responsible service of alcohol policies similar to the nominated driver campaign etc.But never mind Richard spin it yourway! 😂

Erm..  so they do the same thing for friends who visit each others houses ???.....     or is it only provided by pubs where people have spent their money... y'know, as customers. 

Call a spade a spade... its to attract customers & I think its an excellent idea..  But, lets not pull the wool over our own eyes and believe that polished woke nonsense about 'extension of responsibility'... 

AND... it most definitely would not work if the police were as slack as they are here... people would just drive home as they always did before the police started taking a very hard line....  

So... responsible ??... No... in aggregate we (humans) are incapable of being responsible...  there is always a proportion of society who can't be, which is why strict law enforcement is required. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Live darkside.

Catch bolt to walking street at midnight.

Get rat arsed blind by 4am.

Venue closing but am breathalyised before allowed to leave.

Blow over 0.05...

Knuckle dragger doorman attempts to force me to sober place.

This aint gunna end well !!

Indeed...   the very suggest is so ridiculous to everyone... 

It amazes me how these ideas make it to the announcement phase without anyone in a position of decision making power going .."W...TF... NO, you can't do that, don't you realise what utter fools that will make us look like"  !!!... 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

Is a must to use bad words and to be rude? Is this a requirement? Why you use your gutter language when I ask you politely. Where are you coming from? And why people here tolerate you?😕

Is he a 'community insulter', though?

I attended an epic party yesterday in P-lok, slept/passed out for 12 hours and was pretty sure I would fail a breathalyzer the next morning... No police rules will fix stupid (like me yesterday).

EDIT: I left the party at 5pm, so no need to make rules to stay open all night...

Edited by smccolley

10 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

....."like they do everywhere else in the World"...

And that is not right. I know many countries where it is the duty of the bar keeper to take care of customers when it comes to "driving home by yourself'

yeah, but this is Thailand where even the police rarely do their job. You really believe the bars will follow these rules??

On 12/11/2023 at 3:15 AM, still kicking said:

Don't worry I am in the west now I never drink and drive never had a speeding or parking ticket in 40 years. 

So what has that got to do with regulations to be deployed in Thailand?

• Agree 1

On 12/11/2023 at 2:36 AM, still kicking said:

Do those officials know it stays in your system for a minimum of 8 hours and if you really drunk for more? 

This seems to be a drunken utterance, if I have ever seen one.

Syntax is important for sober people...

Next time, I hope to see a better-constructed sentence...

After you sober up.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Folks

LET ME TELL YOU WHAT WILL HAPPEN..

AT 4.01 AM the first night this plan will crash and burn...

Not a single person will be tested or helped home.....

And by 4.02 AM this plan will be 100% forgotten...

Yep,

100% correct.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ukrules said:

But most people will get tuk-tuks or some kind of taxi type transport and be on their way home.

If I am still capable of using my phone to book a Bolt taxi, I haven't finished drinking! Bit of a Catch 22. 

13 hours ago, ukrules said:

But most people will get tuk-tuks or some kind of taxi type transport and be on their way home.

If I am still capable of using my phone to book a Bolt taxi, I haven't finished drinking! Bit of a Catch 22. 

On 12/11/2023 at 4:19 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Or not.

The idea is so ridiculous it's laughable .....

4.00am comes ......  The bar manger left hours ago and is home sleeping

4.00am ....     the bar staff just wanna get TF outta the place and go home sleep as half of them are p_ssed also.

4.10am   ....   there is absolutely no way in hell anyone will want to or even know where the breathalyzer unit is as it's gone missing.

4.15am ....    doors are being locked and drunks are staggering out onto the footpath looking for a taxi ...

If you are drunk and get in your car to drive then you are breaking the law ....

it's the drinkers responsibility to get home .....   either by taxi or friend or whatever,    it's not the bar staff's responsibility to call your mama. 

On 12/11/2023 at 9:17 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Its a separate issue IMO... It doesn't matter what time the Bars close... and it doesnt matter if people are over the legal limit for driving (if not driving). 

Drink driving needs to be dealt with...  whether someone is driving from a bar, a friends house, a restaurant etc... 

Anyone caught driving over the legal limit needs to face the full force of legal consequences and thats down the police... not a bar. 

Exactly. That 200 baht fine should really hurt them in the wallet...